Chapter 26: The Educational Decrees

Y/n - Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Ron stabbed a piece of sausage with his fork, reading a pamphlet. We were eating in the Great Hall for breakfast. Ginny was sat next to Ron, Hermione across from them, and me between Fred and George to the left of Hermione.

Hermione scoffed in disgust as we watched Ron take a huge bite out of the sausage. Ginny had a look of concern while the twins and I looked amazed. He chewed loudly, continuing to read his pamphlet.

Ron took another bite as Hermione said, "Do you ever stop eating?"

"Eating? More like inhaling," I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, Ronniekins, you act starved," Fred also said with a chuckle.

Ron looked at everyone confused before saying with the chewed sausage still in his mouth, "What? I'm hungry."

"We can tell," George teased.

I then noticed that Harry was approaching the table so I nudged the twins, signaling to look at him. "Harry," Hermione said.

"Can I join you?" Harry asked after looking between all of us.

Hermione looked at Ron before arguing could be heard from the hallway, "Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?"

Nearly everyone in the Great Hall was turned towards the sound. We exited the Great Hall to see Umbridge and McGonagall walking up the stairs. "I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall scolds.

"So silly of me, but it sounds, as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom," Umbridge pauses to step up on the stairs, attempting to cower over McGonagall, "Minerva."

"Not at all," McGonagall pauses to also step up a stair, "Dolores, merely your medieval methods."

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry, and by extension, the minister himself! I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty," Umbridge finished.

McGonagall stepped down a step with a look of dissapointment, "Disloyalty."

Umbridge steps up another step, turning to face the crowd watching the argument, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

~Time Skip~

Things began to get worse at Hogwarts, Umbridge was appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor by Fudge. She began making and enforcing "Educational Decrees." They were framed and locked, hung on the walls of the school by Filch.

Fred, George, and I walking in the hall, on the way to the Courtyard. They wanted to show off some of their products, so naturally I came with. I was holding the most recent Daily Prophet article titled, "MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM."

"Having already revolutionized the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Umbridge will as High Inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School," Fudge said in the moving picture.

I pointed to the picture, "Wait, is that Percy?"

Fred and George looked at the picture from both sides of me. "Ministry-loving, git," They responded in unison.

I looked between them confused, "I know Percy has always been uptight and a goody two shoes but what's he done now?"

"Got in an argument with dad," Fred started.