Chapter 18: The Second Task

Y/n - Your name
Y/l/n - Your last name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I had been in the library for ages trying to riddle out what Harry heard from the golden egg. He'd put the egg underwater with the suggestions from Cedric and Myrtle.

"Harry, tell me again," Hermione said pacing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry started while lightly banging his chin on a book.

"The Black Lake, that's obvious," I said sitting next to Harry.

Hermione started walking towards us and shook a snoring Ron awake as Harry continued, "An hour long you'll have to look."

"Again, obvious. Though, admittedly, potentially problematic," Hermione said putting her hand on the back of my chair.

Harry snapped back at Hermione, "Potentially problematic? When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?"

I put my hand on his shoulder saying, "Look, Harry, we can do this. The four of us can figure it out," as Ron stood up.

We were then approached by Professor Moody, "Hate to break up the skull session. Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office."

Harry stood up and Moody said, "Not you, Potter, just Y/l/n and Granger."

"But, sir, the second task is only hours away, and-" Hermione pleaded.

"Exactly. Presumably Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go, now!" Moody said cutting her off.

Hermione and I did as we were told and walked out of the library and to Professor McGonagall's office. As we entered her office we saw Cho, Dumbledore, and Fleur's sister. I can't remember ever learning her name.

Dumbledore explained to us that we were needed for the second task. He said he'd put us into a bewitched sleep and we'd wake up as we broke through the surface of the water. I watched as he pointed his wand at my face, bringing darkness.

~Time Skip~

Fred's POV:

"Where could she be?" I asked pacing in the common room, "The task is in ten minutes, Y/n wouldn't miss it!"

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see George, "Exactly, Freddie, she's probably already there."

"We haven't seen Hermione either, they probably went together," Harry said motioning to himself and Ron.

I sighed as George put his arm around my shoulder, and then we left. As we walked on the docks George and I collected bets like we did at the first task. The only reason I agreed was because it let me check the crowd that was coming in for Y/n, no luck.

We arrived at the platforms as Dumbledore began explaining that something had been stolen from each champion and that they had to retrieve them at the bottom of the Black Lake. As the champions began diving into the water Harry fell in causing me to chuckle a bit.

~Time Skip~

Y/n's POV:

I opened my eyes to see a bunch of people on three platforms. I then saw Fleur's little sister struggling to swim. I helped her onto the platform and then helped myself up. The first thing I saw when I looked up was Fred wrapping me into a long hug, "Fred, I'm soaking wet!"

"I don't care, I was so worried," Fred said.

I melted into the hug, partly because I was hugging Fred and partly because he was so warm. When he let go of me I missed the warmth, but then he wrapped me into a towel, bringing some back. Fred leaned against the railing and I missed his warmth so I leaned into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head saying, "I missed you."