Chapter 15: The Shrieking Shack

Y/n: Your name
Y/l/n: Your last name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Fred was leading me into one of the secret passage ways George, Fred, and I found in our first year after we found the Marauder's Map. I stared at Fred and I's hands that were still intertwined as I asked, "Why didn't George come?"

"I wanted it to just be you and me," Fred replied.

"And why is that?" I asked looking at him.

"You'll see, love," he said smirking at me.

We got to the end of the secret passage and he let go of my hand and stepped behind me. Fred covered my eyes with his hands and began walking. I chuckled while walking, "Is this really necessary?"

"It's a suprise isn't it?" Fred replied.

Eventually he removed his hands from my face revealing the Shrieking Shack, one room in particular was lit up more than the rest. I turned to him confused, "This is the surprise?"

"The surprise is inside, love. I couldn't cover your eyes the whole way and let the Whomping Willow kill us both, then I would've put in all this work for nothing," he said chuckling.

After a lot of dodging and running we made it inside the hidden tunnel. Fred had gone first and I ended up landing directly on top of him, "Sorry, Freddie."

He grunted as I stood up, "It's fine."

I helped him up and he said, "Shall we?" holding out his arm.

I smiled and accepted his arm, "We shall."

As we walked into the Shrieking Shack I gasped at the sight of the why the shack was lit up. There was multitudes of levitating candles leading into a room.

Inside the room there was even more levitating candles and the walls were covered in moving pictures of Fred, George, and I. Then I noticed a table in the center of the room. The cake had sparklers and writing on it, I could tell the writing was Fred's, 'Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?'

I turned around smiling, "I thought you'd asked Angelina to the ball?"

Fred threw his arm around me, "And why would I do that? George was the one who asked her."

"When I was heading back to potions to get you two I heard a group of girls saying you had," I explained.

He chuckled, "Probably couldn't tell us apart and assumed it was me, bloody idiots."

My smile increased and I quickly hugged him, ripping his arm off my shoulder. I pulled away from the hug, my previous smile dropping as I remembered Harry, "Wait, Fred. I told Harry I'd go with him."

"You can do the traditional Triwizard Champion Waltz with him and then have real fun with me," Fred responded smirking.

"I guess I could," I said as he extends his hand.

Fred tilts his head while saying, "So is that a yes?"

I smiled, "Yes, but we have to make sure it's okay with Harry," while accepting his hand.

Fred spins me around before dipping me, "Perfect."

He pulled me back up and we both started laughing. When the laughter calms down Fred asks, "Do you know what day it is?"

"No, what is it?" I asked confused.

"It's the same day from third year when you, George, and I snuck out here and you broke your leg," he explains chuckling.

~Flash Back~

Fred's POV:

"Fred, be careful!" Y/n yelled as I jumped up and down on the creaky stairs in the Shrieking Shack.

"I'll be fine-" I said being cut off, falling through a rotten stair.

I landed on a bunch of clutter and was feeling immense amounts of pain as I heard George yelling for me, "Freddie, are you okay?"

All I managed to get out was, "Ow."

"Fred? Are you alright?" Y/n asked.

I was rubbing my head and wasn't thinking about anything but where I was so I didn't respond.

"That's it, I'm going in after him. Pray for me, Georgie," Y/n said.

"Wait, Y/n! Let me see if I can find where he landed," George said before walking away.

I looked up to see a pair of feet dangling over where I fell. I heard Y/n's quiet voice say, "It's okay, Freddie. I'm here."

I couldn't help but think, It's cute how much she's worrying.

My thoughts were interrupted by one of the walls trapping me being banged on, "Fred?" I heard George say.

I groaned before saying, "I'm in here."

"Okay, brilliant. He's in a closet and it's blocked-" George yelled up to Y/n, but before he could finish she said.

"It's alright, I'll help him," she replied.

Before I could tell her to wait she jumped down in with me, landing halfway on top of me in an uncomfortable position. Before I could ask her if she was alright something fell on top of her leg, causing her to scream. "Merlin, Y/n! Are you okay?" I asked worried.

She said, "No, something landed on my leg."

I started to try and get up to help her, but ended up falling back down. "Are you okay, Freddie?" she asked grabbing my hand.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine. I just need to get up and lift whatever fell on your leg," I said.

When I finally stood up I quickly lifted what was on her leg off of her. There wasn't much space so I just put it behind me. I then kneeled down to where she was as she grabbed her leg, "Fred, I think it's broken."

"Don't worry, Y/n. I'm here," I said in an attempt to comfort her.

~Time Skip~

That was the day I realized I loved her. It was cute how she was too worried and stubborn to wait for George. Even after she broke her leg she was forcused on taking care of me.

"It was so sweet of you to carry me back to Mrs. Pomfrey," Y/n said taking me out of my thoughts.

"You shouldn't have jumped down there in general," I said smirking.

"You could've been hurt! What was I supposed to do? Wait?" Y/n said crossing her arms.

"Yes, you were. Do you want any cake? It was hard convincing the house elves to make it," I asked.

"Of course, I do," Y/n said chuckling.

I walked to the table and cut two slices, taking some of the icing off of one slice before bringing it to her. "You remembered?" she asked while taking the plate.

"It's hard not to, I was the one who held your hair back in fourth year when you got sick because of the icing at Ginny's birthday, remember?" I said smiling.

"Don't bring that up, I don't even want to think about what I looked like while vomiting in front of you," she said hitting my shoulder with her's.

We spent the next hour and a half laughing and talking about memories before heading back to the common room, holding hands the entire way. I'm definitely in love with Y/n Y/l/n.

Word Count: 1,194