Chapter 23: The Extendable Ear

Y/n - Your name
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n's POV:

Fred, George, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I leaned against the railing on the stairs. All of our eyes fixed on the extendable ear Fred was lowering down towards the room the meeting was being held in.

George held the speaker up for the rest of us to hear as Sirius spoke from the room in a hushed tone, "If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back. He's not a child, Molly."

"He's not an adult either! He's not James, Sirius," Mrs. Weasley replied.

"Well, he's not your son," Sirius snapped back.

Ginny came down the stairs and stood between George and I as Mrs. Weasley said, "He's as good as, who else has he got?"

I turned to face Ginny and said, "Hey, Ginny."

She nodded tiredly in response as SIrius said, "He's got me."

"How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather," Snape said.

Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, appeared in the corner of my eye, sitting in front of the ear while still on the stairs. Sirius retorted, "Now you stay out of this, Snivellus."

Harry looked up surprised, "Snape's part of the Order?"

Ron quickly said with a scowl, "Git."

I stopped listening to the ear and turned my attention to Crookshanks who moved closer to the ear. I quickly looked towards Fred, while George and I gestured for him to lift up the ear.

Crookshanks knocked the ear to the ground before Fred could lift it out of his reach. "Get off it!" Fred whisper yelled.

"Get it up," George mumbled.

"Quick, Freddie!" I whisper yelled.

Hermione scolded Crookshanks as he tugged harder, "Crookshanks, stop it!"

"Get off, you bloody cat," Ron said disgusted.

"Crookshanks, leave it alone!" Hermione scolded, slightly louder than before.

"Get it up," George repeated.

Crookshanks yanked the ear off of the wire, causing a sharp sound to screech out of the speaker. George looked at Hermione while saying, "Hermione, I hate you're cat."

"Bad, Crookshanks!" Hermione said.

Fred chuckled while pulling up the leftover wire. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny began to make their way down the stairs as Mrs. Weasley exited the room saying, "Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen."

Fred turned towards me and winked before taking hold of my waist and apparating with George behind their mother. Mrs. Weasley jumped as we appeared and the twins chuckled.

"Just because you're allowed to use magic now," she said hitting George's arm, "Does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!"

Fred grabbed my hand and ran down the stairs, followed by George. Fred walked me to the dinner table before pulling a chair out and playfully pushing me into it. He pushed my chair into the table carefully before sitting down himself.

I gave him a light smile before saying, "Thank you, love."

He smirked before looking at Crookshanks who seemed to be taunting him. A girl who was in the group that arrived with Harry, who I'd learned went by Tonks, was contorting her face while Ginny laughed.