9

"Yagami, please have a seat," Nezu gestures to the chair in front of his desk.

"Saiki isn't here yet?" Kei follows the principal's lead. "And please call me Kei, bear-mouse, Sir."

The principal kept his smile. "How did your first day go?"

"It went surprisingly—normal, I guess."

"That's good to hear. Although this afternoon today, you won't be learning from your adviser."

"Is it okay to blend in already? You basically isolated me to avoid complications in other classes, right?"

"I wouldn't necessarily put it that way. See it as something essential for the improvement of your well-being and of others, indirectly speaking."

For a split second, Kei flashes a hint of sorrow. "Aren't you risking a bit too much for my sake?"

"Young one, don't you trust UA?" The principal continues. "It's a hero's job to go beyond any adversaries. It's the school's motto after all; Plus ultra!"

Kei lets a heart-felt laughter. "How to be you, principal bear-mouse?"

The said head then jumps off from his chair, "Follow me to the nurse's office. Your morning class will be with Recovery Girl."

"Aye, Sir," she hums, walking after the principal.

The scent of disinfectants immediately fills the nose of the duo as they open a white wooden door. "What is your concern, deary?" the old woman glances at the newly entered guests.

"She is here for first-aid lessons, Recovery Girl," the principal says.

"I see, I see," the pro heroine approaches the girl with a candy on her hand. "Here, take this treat before we start."

Kei lowers down to her level and receives the sweets, "Uh, thank you, Ma'am."

The said heroine gazes at the girl. "Well, aren't you a pretty one?" She then takes Kei's hand and leads her to the drawers. "Leave everything here now," she says, addressing to the principal.

"I'll let her in your care. Kei, young one, meet me at the office after your class."

"Yes, Sir," the student responds.

"Your curriculum involves being trained with medical emergencies. As you are left behind, you will be required to come here for nine hours a week," Recovery Girl says. "Now deary, we'll begin with knowing the basic things for first aid."

After two hours of continuous explanations as to the methods of responding to physical injuries and common medicine needed for certain short-term health conditions, Recovery Girl left Kei in charge of the clinic for the mean time as she was summoned by a class to wrap up their training.

Kei lowers her guard down, knowing that the nurse will be back soon. She was not expecting to immediately put her knowledge into action. Unbeknownst to the girl, a certain purple-head is already on his way to the clinic.

Kei was startled by a sudden knock, followed by a familiar voice. "Pardon my intrusion."

Both students lock stares at one another.

After a good ten seconds, the female breaks the silence, "You look like you only got 3 hours of sleep today."

The male scoffs, "Bold of you to assume that I actually slept."

The female shows a curt smile at his normal. "Recovery Girl was needed somewhere. What is your concern?"

"I'm here for pain killers. My head is pounding too much."

Kei then walks to the medicine counter in search for the requested item. "How about some actual sleep? Have you tried it?"

"You know, I'm beginning to think that sleeping is a waste of time."

"Interesting," Kei hums, handing him the tablet.

Hitoshi takes a closer look at the medicine, "I asked for pain relievers, not sleeping pills."

"As I was saying, I prescribe sleep."

Hitoshi releases an exasperated sigh. "I'm too tired to even argue." He walks towards one bed and lies. "Could you at least give me a head massage or something?"

Kei nears the male with glass of water on her hand and pain reliever tablet on another. "I was planning to" She hands the things, to which the male almost immediately consumed. "Wait for a couple of minutes before lying down again," she instructs.

Hitoshi silently obliges, leaning his back on the headboard.

Kei later then climbs up at the male's bed. "What are you doing?"

"Don't worry too much. I have no plans of sleeping with you yet."

The male blinks, "Yet?"

"Oh, did I say that out loud?" Kei snickers.

"I can't even," Hitoshi shakes his head as he shuts his eyelids.

"Rest assured. I'll just be massaging certain areas of your palm. It helps for relaxation. I'll proceed with your head later on." Kei then starts to apply her newly learnt theories on acupuncture points. The room was quiet for five minutes straight and was almost broken when she almost reacted from a head leaning against her shoulder. She pins a warm gaze on the peacefully sleeping male. "You don't seem like the type with sleep disorder." She slowly moves, adjusting her patient's position on the bed. When the male's back finally lands on the foam, Kei proceeds with his head. As she was massaging, she could not seem to ignore the softness of the male's messy hair, her fingers automatically caressing it as her eyes familiarize Hitoshi's features. "He's gorgeous, alright," she admits to herself, whispering as low as possible.

"Deary, I'm back. Did we have any patients?"

Kei stands up from Hitoshi's bed to acknowledge her teacher. "We have one. Headache, it seems."

"I see." Recovery Girl remarks as she glances at the male. "Now off you go, deary. Eat your lunch well, okay? Make sure you chew."

"Yes, Ma'am,"" Kei says as she bows at the female, "Today's lessons were helpful. Happy lunch." She then exits the room.

Recovery Girl approaches Hitoshi, "You don't have to pretend anymore, deary."

Hitoshi's eyes shut open. "As expected from UA's nurse," he says as he slowly sits up.

"Did you at least get a proper rest?"

"Yeah, she was actually helpful to have given me five minutes, give or take."

"Glad to hear then. Here," Recovery Girl hands Hitoshi a piece of gum.

"Thank you, Ma'am."

"No problem, deary."

He then leaves the room.

"Ah, youth," the heroine murmurs to herself.