20

Training Day 7

Kei lazes at the sofa, watching random television shows. She already finished her morning routine and is off for the rest of the day. Her guardian climbs down the stairs and starts to head to the door. "I'll be off for work."

"Don't you heroes have a rest day or something?" the female yawns as she caresses the cat sleeping next to her.

"It can't be helped. We need to strengthen UA's security five times since the USJ attack. What do you want for dinner?"

"Oh, you know what ~" Kei purrs, sending Aizawa familiar shivers.

"This brat," his eyes twitch as he murmurs. "You haven't figured out a way to take full control of your quirk yet?"

Kei hums, pondering how to put her recent change of thoughts into words. "If you meant by completely shutting it off, I cannot make it before the sports fest."

Her guardian raises an eyebrow, "No one told you about completely discarding it, you know."

"Odd. You are the second person to suggest that." Kei pauses, "On a different note, do you know any distinguished hero with clear schedule who can train me with fire-based quirk?"

Aizawa responds with his stern monotone, "This is the real world, brat. There is no such thing as free time. You'll have to make effort to at least prove yourself worthy of their time if you want to be trained by someone like that."

Kei pouts, "But—you're training me."

Teasing aside, Kei immediately understands his guardian's hidden message; he wants the best for her, after all. To her, one person fits her description—and she isn't ready to face someone that reminds her of him yet.

Aizawa just releases a sigh, followed by a curt smile, internally happy of the female's compliment and the thought that Kei wishes to utilize possible resources to go beyond her boundaries.

"If you need anything else, message me," Aizawa says, turning his back against the female.

"Oh, oh, oh!" Kei interrupts, as she rushes to the male to tap his back, halting him. "I just thought of someone who can teach me fire tricks."

"Just tell me when your trainer will be available and I'll adjust our schedule if necessary."

"You're not even gonna ask who?" Kei tilts her head, showing slight confusion.

"I figured you would tell if you'd want to," was Aizawa's brief reply.

Kei felt very grateful at her guardian's way of understanding her. She has been thankful of Aizawa for his unconditional support for the female ever since he accepted her. Unknown to both of them, two hands were already pulling the male to a genuinely warm embrace. Kei buries her face on her guardian's chest, "You're the best adult ever."

Aizawa had his eyes widened. His heart skipped a beat, unsure whether it was the effect of the girl's quirk or his honest reaction. He wanted to verify it so badly—and he did. His eyes glow a shade of red, his hair going against gravity for a very short moment.

But the tingly sensation did not leave his chest.

He stood frozen for a while, unsure of how to respond to his conflicted self. All he could do was gulp.

Kei giggles, making Aizawa snap back to reality, "Well, setting Inko aside, that is."

The male places a hand on the teen's forehead, gently pushing her away. He masks his thought with a retort, "I have a competition whom I don't even know, huh."