27

"The first round of the semifinal. Both have fire-based quirks, and very strong at that! How will this match unfold? Shoto Todoroki from the Hero Course versus Kei Yagami from the Ordinary Course! Start!"

Kei releases her white flames in anticipation to Shoto's ice attacks. "I figured that you'll only use half of your quirk starting this match so I might as well not give my all," Kei declares in an unusually dull, serious tone. "But whether you show a hundred percent or not doesn't matter. Your so-hated flame quirk that I possess makes us greatly mismatched. And that is to my advantage."

From that moment on, the emcees' commentaries and even the mob's cheers turn into white noise. All she could focus on is the stage she is at.

Kei positions herself for a huge flame burst, to which Shoto took notice of. He immediately builds up a heaven-piercing ice wall. 

As soon as the female's attack was shot, however, it immediately melted, much to his dismay

As soon as the female's attack was shot, however, it immediately melted, much to his dismay. The cycle continues on, one of them bidding on time.

The female got bored of the exchange and decided to settle for a close-range combat. She approaches with her body coated in white flames, prepared as to whatever ice-based technique Shoto has up his sleeves.

As she decreases the gap, she heightens her flames into a dangerously high temperature. She mixes her technique with palm strikes and occasional kicks to which her opponent evades at all cost, already aware of the perils if he so happens to meet her attacks directly.

Shoto notices a change of pace from the female, grabbing this opportunity to increase their distance once again, resetting the fight.

"What's wrong? Are you scared, Icy-hot?" Kei beams.

"You used to call me Shoto," the male says in his calm demeanor, his voice trailing with the next word, "Kei."

The female was slightly taken aback by the softness which the male showed in saying her name. She immediately builds her composure back, "Yes, 'used' to. Past tense. Just like how you used to not despise my very being."

"Kei—I"

"Exchanging fists with Izuku must have been enlightening to you, huh? Or are you still confused as to who to hate or whatnot? Now, Shoto, tell me how it feels to be as spiteful as your old man."

Kei's feelings came pouring, both of them cannot deny it. Shoto understands where she is coming from. He became aware of his mistakes after all—he admits it is his fault, and could only take blame for it at the moment.

Before Shoto could respond, Kei releases multiple long range blasts with magnitude similar to her fight with Denki. "Here's your favorite fire quirk. Make sure to savor it ~"

"I may not be knowledgeable of the extent of your quirk but," Shoto says as he neutralized the flames with his ice, causing mini explosions, "if you'll keep on using that firepower, you'll start experiencing drawbacks."