50

Kei stealthily leaves Katsuki's room as soon as she hears soft snores from the male. The elevator quietly beeps upon reaching the fifth floor. With light steps on the empty halls, she reaches out for the doorknob of the room next to Momo.

Ding.

"Kei," a calm voice calls her from the freshly opened machine. "I thought you already slept," Shoto says, approaching the female.

She thinks of a response with less of a lie since Shoto can see through her. After all, it would hurt Katsuki's pride to reveal the recent happening. She monotonously speaks, "Well, I tried but I couldn't."

Shoto gazes at the female as his thoughts run wildly in his mind, mostly concluding the significant relevance of their kidnapping to her behavior. "Why? Is everything alright?"

Kei hums, "Maybe I'm just not tired."

The male nods in understanding, catching Kei's hand as he leads her to the elevator.

"Oh, what are we gonna do?" Kei asks, not bothering to resist.

"Accumulate sweat, probably go on a stroll or a jog. Whichever you prefer."

"I've thought of a better way," the female stops, urging Shoto to do the same. She smirks at the male, displaying a glimmering pair of mint hues as she points her finger to Shoto's door. "How about I tire you out inside? Hmm?"

Normally, Shoto's face would be tomato-like as a response but he sees something odd on those green glows—sadness. He sighs, dragging Kei downstairs and into the yard. As they reach their destination, they were hailed by a serene scenery; spacious and neatly-maintained grass field under the bright full moon with the chirping of crickets completing the mood.

"So?" Shoto stares at the female suggestively.

"If you wanna make out here, I'm fine with it. No one's watching," Kei smirks. "Or," she reaches out her hand to the male's shoulder, tapping it, "tag!" She giggles as she sprints away. "Catch me if you can!"

Shoto smiles, recollecting a few similar events of their childhood. He paces himself and starts for a run. Like the old times, they made the world exclusive to themselves; free from worries of their personal issues, void of loneliness and just the care-free enjoyment of having each other's company. They jogged around the field like the happy little kids they might have been only if they grew up in an average household or if they were 'normal'. They invade the silent night with their laughter, shrieks and playful mockeries, unmindful of societal expectations and unrestricted of their built-in barriers. For several minutes, they let themselves experience happiness, until they ran out of breath and decide to take a break.

Both teens just finished their cooldown. The male had his back against the cold grass, his limbs spread widely as if his pose is on a manner of attempting to build a snow angel out of the dirt. Kei plops down next, using the male's left arm as a head-rest and adjusting her body closer to the male's warmth.

They stayed still for a moment, admiring the stars—the small dots in the sky that painfully reminds Kei of a certain night where she was given the same sight, only that it was brought to the ground.

She notices that she starts to shiver as the depth of the night sinks further.

"Human heater, do your job," Kei demands as she glances at the male who was already gazing at her.

Shoto complies, activating his quirk. "Don't you also have heat-based quirk?"

"Well, yeah, but your fire feels," Kei pauses shortly, as if picking the right words, "—gentler. It's comforting."