47

Katsuki glares at the black-haired villain entering the bar.

"So, so, have you convinced her yet?" Himiko approaches Dabi with excited skips.

"Get away from me creep," the male shoves the teen away as she strolls to the counter. "She's been sleeping all day. I didn't want to disturb her."

"Awe, is the big bad burnt wolf a squishy, fluffy, softie inside?" Himiko coos.

"Shut up."

Sleeping? Katsuki thought. True, he has been on guard in his entire stay in the base that he hadn't slept a wink. He gets this through his head and closes his eyelids, letting slumber take control.

"Finally!" he hears a familiar voice exclaim, making his eyes shot open to see Kei running towards him. The female wraps her arms around him, squeezing him tightly in the process. She speaks in a broken voice, "I'm sorry. I had to do it."

Katsuki's scowl deepens, remembering yesterday's events. "Let go," he demanded, the female complying without complaints. He shoots daggers at the female with his intense eyes. "What is your relationship with the League of Villains?"

Kei cocks an eyebrow as she repeats quizzically. "League of Villains?"

"Don't fuck with me, woman! You know what I'm talking about!" the male blurts out of anger. "Have you been spying all along?!"

The teen shakes her head as something clicks in her. "Himiko just calls it the League. They seem to be pretty secretive about their identities so I didn't bother to ask. Yes, I've met them before, but they seem to be a normal group to me. I didn't know that they were," Kei pauses for a second before resuming, "villains, until this incident."

Katsuki could see the clarity of Kei's intention behind her pained eyes. He decides to push it further, now asking almost in a grunted tone, "What's with you and staple face?"

"Dabi," Kei corrects him, further earning an already accumulated anger towards the guy as Katsuki remembers the night he barged in the female's room, only to be interrupted by the same name that came out from her mouth.

"You knew he was there!" Katsuki concludes accusingly, not fully grasping the female's innate ability to feel distinct quirk forces from certain people.

Kei sighs, "I dismissed the thought, considering that I might be mistaken. Well, apparently I was not. Even if I knew, I couldn't have warned the teachers either way. I didn't know he's a part of that kind of league. And that one guy could have also turned me to a marble."

"You haven't answered my question yet, woman," Katsuki clicks his tongue.

"We're friends. He's always there when I needed someone. He found me on the night of All Might's mock battle exercises."

The male contemplates of her statement, 'he found me'. He isn't knowledgeable of her past but this gives Katsuki a hint that Kei has been through a lot before he decided to enter her life. He has his knuckles turned into balls. His thoughts swarming over a guilt; If only I had been there for her. But he couldn't. He was too focused on becoming the best hero and if he'll be given another chance to go back in the past, he will redo it. No matter, he will be there for her.

Kei gives Katsuki a side-glance before smirking at him. "I saw you crying on your way home, by the way."

Katsuki's cheeks dusts pink as he averts his eyes. "I was not!"

This reaction made the female giggle. "All jokes aside, have you been fed well?"

"No," was his firm response. "I didn't want to."