55

Kei groans softly as her eyelids flutter open. She sees a familiar white room as disinfectant lingers in her nose.

That ended shortly, she ponders, partially hyped up with her dream and somehow disappointed that she wasn't able to get one answer from Himiko.

"Are you finally awake?" a deep male voice emanates from behind the curtain of what seems to be covering another bed.

The female lets loose as she inhales deeply. "Hey there best boy," she weakly greets the owner of the poking indigo strands from the partially ajar fabric.

"I already called Mr. Aizawa. He'll be here soon," he says, stepping in. "What did you do this time?"

Kei blinks, trying to recollect the recent happenings. "I can't exactly tell. How long has I been out?"

"One and a half days," Aizawa's voice chimes in. he casually strolls towards the female. "You had another wave of fever. What did you do this time?"

"Okay woah," Kei raises her hands in a surrendering manner. "I swear Toshi's wording alone will make anyone wonder if he's your secret love-child or something." Aizawa didn't react to her phrase. "Okay so, I may or may not have suppressed allure on the past week," she sheepishly says.

The teacher remains quiet for the mean time with visibly knitted forehead. The younger male stands silently at his spot, trying to absorb their conversation. "Did something happen?" This was all he can ask. He pretty much cannot openly suggest to have the female utilize her quirk on random people, knowing its consequences.

"Well, I decided to stay low-key with your hormonal brats until the day of the exams," she replies. "I figured they could focus more on passing that way."

"You're already old enough to act rationally without having a backlash to yourself. You could have at least told me if things were already too much to handle." Aizawa releases an exasperated sigh at her reasoning.

"Ahee ~ sorry about that. How did the exam go?" Kei was low-key expecting of her failure since she passed out mid-practicum, especially with a victim literally on-hand.

"When you lost consciousness, you were lucky enough to have Yoarashi safeguard your fall. Although naturally, you did not make it." He pauses for a few seconds, noticing the glint of sadness staining the female's eyes. "However, after attending a special course of three months and pass an individual test, the committee plans to issue a provisional license for those who failed as well. You better get into shape to attend your special classes."

Kei smiles in delight, "Of course!"

"For now, take your day off. I'll go back to class." He strolls towards the door and gives a knowing glance to Hitoshi before exiting.

After a full three seconds of silence, Kei gazes at the sleep-deprived male, "Does that mean he excused you from class to monitor me?"

"Privileges," Hitoshi hums and returns to the bed next to Kei's. Lying down on his back while staring at the ceiling, he murmurs in a low tone, "He's got a soft spot for you, you know."

"We both know that he's technically my daddy ~" Kei coos.

The male chuckles at this, taking it in a literal sense. "Yeah, might as well say he's everyone's dad." He shoots his direction to the female, "Does that make me your sibling? Maybe older brother or something?"

The female snickers, "Funny thing, I'm actually three years older than you."

Hitoshi cringes in disbelief. "You're old, lady!" he says in a playful tone.

"Why, yes, and call me Ma'am," Kei replies with a sass.

"When is your birthday?" the male asks, curious as to the female's origin.