48

Kei wakes up to return to her usual morning routine—working out and cooking. She did her laps around the campus and the other sets near the staff dorms. As she wanders the area, she notices a few buildings that seemed quite out of place. It weren't there before, she deliberates but discards the thought. As soon as she steps feet in the flat, she rummages for an almost empty refrigerator to make a decent food.

Kei hears light footsteps approaching her from the hall, turning her attention to the male to greet him. "Good morning, guardian—oh," she pauses as her eyes glue on Aizawa's corporate attire with a pale blue tie hanging loosely around his shoulder, "what's the occasion?"

"I had to face my students' families today," he explains as he lazily sits in front of the dining table.

Kei hums, placing a warm mug of coffee in front of her guardian. She leans down to his level and adjusts his tie.

Aizawa notices the pink tint spreading on the teen's cheeks. "I can handle that, you know," he sternly says.

The female nods, finishing her work and heading to her chair.

She's uncharacteristically quiet, almost scaring the male.

"If you're still on about the other day," Aizawa starts off, only to be cut with Kei's gentle smile.

"Thank you for your concern, guardian. I'll keep your words in mind," Kei softly speaks. "So, what about the visits?"

"The class will have to move to the school dorms for their own security," Aizawa furthers. "And seeing that you're involved with the recent incident, you'll have to stay with them."

"Oh, are you sure about that?" Kei muses, "I can't guarantee their safety from me, and you know it."

Aizawa sighs, "What happened to keeping my words to your mind?"

Kei chuckles as she hands the adult a hair tie, "Here. You might need it later."

Huh. No 'you look better when you're tied' remarks anymore? Aizawa ponders at the girl's change in demeanor.

"Heights Alliance?" Kei says, staring at the modern building. "Not bad. Not to mention, it's just a five-minute walk from the actual school. And to have this built within three days? UA, indeed!"

"Hurry up and join the group," Aizawa walks past the mumbling female. Kei complies, maintaining a respectable distance from class in the back. "Class 1-A, I'm glad you're all safe and back again," the adult addresses to the class.

"I see we all got permissions from our parents," Hanta comments, earning stares from his classmates.

Toru releases an exasperated sigh at the boy's remark, "I had a hard time..."

Kyoka, who's just beside the invisible girl, scratches her cheek, "Well, that's normal."

Mashirao chimes in, "You two suffered injuries from the gas, too..."

"We were all able to get back, thanks to the teachers," Tsuyu speaks. "When I watched the press conference, I thought we'd lose them. I was sad."

Kei listens intently to their words, trying to grasp the events that transpired in her absence.

"I'm surprised myself," Aizawa remarks. "Well, I'm sure everyone has different circumstances." He pauses for a moment, as if having an internal dialogue before continuing. "Now, I'll explain briefly about the dorms, but first..." he claps once, "we will focus on getting those provisional licenses we were planning to have you acquire during the training camp."