40

Kei had already placed a decently long gap between them, just right up front the already stationed male. She had her wings sprouted and arms extended forward.

She accumulates her quirk on the tips of her fingers and shoots a long-ranged white flames similar to a blast. As soon as she does so, she instantly flies on a high altitude, ensuring that she is out of sight from her opponent's view. Upon reaching her desired point, she flaps her wings forward and diagonally downwards, almost imitating a rocket already landing in a projectile as she lets gravity do the trick. With much needed spin to acquire oxygen through the air, she envelops herself with her flame quirk, combusting as violently as a meteor falling from the sky—only that it is directly aiming for Aizawa.

Meanwhile, Aizawa had his attention occupied with the female's first blast, dodging it almost immediately. He anticipated for another straightforward attempt but found none. That was then that it clicked to him. He darts his eyes on the sky, smirking wildly in anticipation. "That brat. Do or die huh."

Aizawa immediately finds his way up the tallest building nearest to him and propels himself upward, using his capture weapon to assist his body on flight, similar to an elastic band outstretched before getting thrusted midair

Aizawa immediately finds his way up the tallest building nearest to him and propels himself upward, using his capture weapon to assist his body on flight, similar to an elastic band outstretched before getting thrusted midair. He has to have his angle and timing right otherwise he will miss the only chance to stop the female. On air, he uses his quirk to erase the flames while subsequently reaching out to the female's wings to incapacitate her flight through his scarf. And he successfully did so.

"Shota! We'll land roughly if you continue doing that!" Kei exclaims in panic.

"Are you gonna do something about it then, brat?!" Aizawa shouts as he clings into Kei.

"We're nearing land! Brace yourself, you reckless teacher!"

Kei redirected their landing on a bunch of crowded tall trees, seeing as she cannot use her restrained wings. In a brief moment, Kei pushes through her wings' limits, forcing its way out of Aizawa's locks. But it was already too late to maneuver upward. She had no other choice but to embrace the male and wrap her wings on the both of them.

They cut through air in an almost horizontal motion and into the assisting leaves, lessening their fall damage by a huge deal. Luckily enough, the branches aren't as thick as her wing's durability cannot handle. It was then followed by a final thump but the female did not feel the ground against her back, although she is certain that she is on the bottom of Aizawa as she could feel her guardian's mass weighing her down.

She groans in annoyance as she opens her aching wings. Through her partially covered vision, she could see her guardian's scarf widely outstretched into a shielding spear.

So that's what lessened the damage, she thought.

She then wonders why a mild smell of vanilla and lavender mixed together invades her sense of smell. It was then that she finally notices her guardian still embracing her protectively.