36

Kei's eyes slowly flutter open. She reassesses her situation, remembering last night's events. For starters, she has clothes on, the bedsheets seemed fine and fresh, and she lies on a bed separated from the occupied one on the other side of the room.

Another drawback from quirk overuse, she concludes.

She carefully sits up and approaches the peacefully sleeping male. She watches the sunlight reflect on his delicate features.

"Shoto," she whispers, subtly waking the male.

The said teen jolts up as he sees her the first thing in the morning.

"About last night, I'm sorry—"

He was abruptly halted with a thump. He gazes down the female who was squeezing his trunk. "I'm sorry," Kei says, her voice almost breaking down. "It's my fault."

Shoto has his eyes soften by the girl's action. He returns the hug as he buries her nose on her hair. "If I forgive you, would it offset my sin?"

Kei eagerly nods.

"It's glad to have you back, Kei," Shoto says with a warm smile.

Their day was well spent training their fire quirks under Endeavor's personal supervision. It mainly composed of a lot of combat and fire-related quirks, which somehow made the female uneasy due to two reasons. Firstly, Endeavor has been so open about pushing through his intentions, to the point of putting the younger male on a sour mood. Secondly, Kei's constant use of her fire quirk and suppressing of the other has been burdening her physical condition since the morning. She could already feel her fever accruing by the second; both males agonizingly unmindful of her change in demeanor.

"Call it a day, both of you," Enji says as he exits the room.

"Or more like a night," Kei says sarcastically in between pants. The duo has been perspiring consistently. The female sighs, internally shocked at experiencing Endeavor's mentally and physically exhausting way of teaching.

"Here," Shoto says, handling a bottle of water to the female.

"Thanks," she casually replies as he grabs the drink. She analyzes the male's state, quite amused that he somehow seemed to recover rather quickly. "Your body has been highly adaptive of his hellish training, I see."

"Yeah, although it was harder during childhood. You'll get into it soon," he replies nonchalantly.

"I still couldn't get used every time I hear your personal stories defining child abuse," Kei sweat-drops, to which Shoto just hums in response.

Kei was about to grab her towel when her world spun. She loses her footing, consequently mentally preparing herself to a hard fall when she felt familiar arms supporting her weight. "Hey, are you okay?" Shoto flashes a concerned look on his eyes.

It's rare to see him like this, or even any emotions in front of other people, so Kei was beyond pleased. She was about to put up a silly retort when a sudden throb on her head stopped her. She squints her eyes at the pain and curses.

Shoto then finally noticed the non-stop flowing sweat despite the supposed effect of their cooldown. He sensibly touches the female's forehead, almost retracting it upon contact. "You're hot."

Kei chuckles softly, "Heck yeah, I am."

"No, seriously, you have fever. I need to take you to the hospital," Shoto says, his tone quite reprimanding.

"Please no," Kei whispers weakly, attempting to stand back to her feet. "This is gonna get through your old man since we're currently under his agency. I don't wanna give Endeavor the pleasure of taking care of nor owing any favor from his bleep-supposed-to-be."