66

After the short meeting among three males, Katsuki and Shoto calmed down, much to Kei's delight, although there is still a residue of wariness lingering at the back of her mind. She knows that this tranquility was only temporary.

As they head out for the walk to the UA main building, Kei tags along with Tenya's group. She whispers to the male, "You're a life saver, handy man. A hero, indeed!"

The male clears his throat as subtle blush spread on his cheeks. "I'm just doing my job."

Kei smiles at his reaction, humming in response.

That morning, Kei was assigned to resume their training exercises with Saiki and Thirteen.

"As senpai said, you really are a fast learner," the rescue pro hero comments at the end of their session.

"Oh. My guardian mentions me?" Kei blinks at the sudden realization.

Thirteen chuckles, "More often than you think. Anyway, we'll change terrains in our next meeting. I hope you know how to swim."

"We'll get rough on that part," Kei nervously stifles a laugh. "I'm freaking doomed," she grimaces as soon as she was dismissed.

Before noon, Kei meets Hitoshi at the hallway as both intended to head to the nurse's office.

"Ara, I don't remember our class in my schedule today," the youthful hero says as soon as she sees the familiar female. "Are you feeling alright, deary?"

"Yeah, about that..." Kei enters, careful of her next words. "He insisted that I have to get checked," she says, jabbing her finger to the male's direction.

The nurse approaches the female and leads her to one of the patient's beds to sit on. "Did something happen?" she asks, starting to check on the female's vitals.

"Not really that significant," Kei replies. "Just a little temperature increase last night, I guess."

The nurse hums in response. "This young boy is right to have you assessed. You especially have to monitor your waves of fever and you know why."

Kei notices a knowing glance from her indigo-haired companion, to which she sighs.

"Alright deary, you're fine for this time," Recovery Girl concludes. "Was there anyway that you could have triggered it, quirk-wise?"

"Oh," Kei blinks, rethinking of the hero's implication that her fevers and her quirk are correlated. "I'm not exactly sure," she replies.

"I see, I see," the nurse nods, heading to her desk to grab a couple of candies. "Let me know if something similar happens. Here," she says, handing out the sweets.

"Thank you, Ma'am," Kei murmurs.

Recovery Girl then approaches the male who crouches down to her level as she gives him the treats. "Keep your eyes on her for the meantime, young man."

"Will do, Ma'am. Thank you."

In the cafeteria, the couple walks side-by-side with trays on hand. "I'm not complaining or anything but you don't have to take her words literally, Toshi," Kei murmurs as her eyes travel to the crowd in search of an available space.

"I'm just following a professional's advice," Hitoshi shrugs, lightly nudging the female with his elbow as he points on a blonde waving at their direction. "There's one table with two available seats." He starts to leisurely stroll to it with Kei closely trailing behind.

"Nei-chan! Long time no talk," the teen greets the male and later acknowledges the other 1-B students at the table. "You too guys. How have you been?"