32

"Fate is playing bias right now."

The two-toned male relays his orders on the counter.

Kei's heart rate increases by the second, hopeful that the male wouldn't recognize her.

She turns her back against the person she wanted to see the least—after all what she did just now, she couldn't face him. She has her hands frosty as sweat runs wildly on her forehead.

It was until several minutes later when someone approaches her table with strawberry shortcake on one hand and a frappe on another. The male casually sits in front of her.

"Sorry, do I know you?"

"Kei..." Shoto whispers in a wounded expression. He gently pushes the cake to the female, silently implying his supposed peace offering.

"Yes, bold of me to sit on the same table as you. Heck, even breathe in the same air,"

Kei says, preparing to stand up.

"Please, Kei," he says, his voice almost breaking at the mention of her name.

The female immediately halts. Despite her denials, she could not erase the fact that she still has a soft spot for the guy in front of her. She cannot bear to see him dejected, much less hear his crestfallen voice. Her chest gets heavier by the second; the intense atmosphere starting to warm her frozen heart.

Kei returns to her sit, inhaling deeply as she reinforces her feelings. "What do you want?"

"I'd like to make it up to you."

"Oh, really now," Kei says, feeling the strong urge to roll her eyes.

"Please. I'm willing to do anything for you—just so you can at least look at me again," Shoto pleads. "I know you still have a voice in you that wants to mend our relationship. We can still work this out."

The male can read her like a book.

And Kei didn't like it.

She recalls everything they did together.

They have been through thick and thin.

Their smiles and tears are shared by the both of them.

With the memories rushing in the back of her mind, her dams couldn't hold it anymore.

She was crying.

Shoto was stunned by this sudden reaction. He immediately stands and reaches for the female's face with his right hand when a sudden strong grip stops him from doing so.

"Don't touch her," a stern male voice says.

Kei's attention was focused on the newcomer. She has her eyes widened for a fraction of second, realizing the current state she is in.

"Toshi," she whispers.

The indigo-haired male releases his grasp at Shoto.

"You," the hetero-chromatic male's face turns grim.

"I hope you're painfully aware," Hitoshi says as he holds the hand of the female. He squeezes it ever so lightly for assurance, "that only scoundrels make the ladies cry." The teen glares at the other male..

"Isn't it rude to interrupt a conversation?" Shoto says stoically.

"I see no conversation going on here," Hitoshi then pulls up the female, who complies with his actions. "Now, if you'll excuse us."

They left the café.

With comfortable silence, Hitoshi leads the female with hands still connected. After more steps covered, Kei views the already pinkish-orange horizon. She felt her feet slightly press on the white sand.