C I T Y . L I G H T S

"Kitten."

Kei suddenly feels a strong pair of arms wrapping her trunk from behind, together with a wet, warm face digging on the crook of her neck. She hears quiet sobbing from the taller figure slouching to her height.

She reaches out to caress the soft, indigo locks, "Toshi... hey."

Thump.

She feels a soft pulling force as her behind lands on a soft mattress. This time, Kei familiarizes the interior of the room. It was Hitoshi's.

"Please come back," the male whispers, tightening the embrace.

"Awe," Kei coos, "miss me?"

Hitoshi replies quietly as he subtly wipes the traces of his tears, "No. I need my hoodies back. The weather is getting under my skin." With the retort, he loosens his embrace.

Grabbing this opportunity, Kei faces the male with a light snicker. She cups the male's cheek and leans her forehead against the male. Seeing the deeper bags under his eyes, Kei frowns slightly, "They're on my second drawer to the right."

Hitoshi's hand flies to the back of Kei's hand touching his face, "You know that's not what I meant."

Kei hums, moving her thumb up to wipe the threatening drop on the corner of the male's eye. "How about you reach your dream first and I'll think about it?"

"You know I will so just wake up sooner," Hitoshi murmurs, this time, scooting closer to the female to hug her.

Hitoshi reminds her of the city lights under the deep night. It is like a beautiful constellation on the land that brings her nostalgia. When she is worn out or worried, she longs for long walks in the city at the moon's peak. The reachable city lights she adorns give her warm company against the cold night, something which captures her heart every time. But just like the city lights, she only yearns for its beauty with her eyes.

Kei smiles weakly as she returns the gesture. "I don't deserve you, best boy..."