69

It's a fine day to set a picnic place at the garden with the girls. Kei, for once, had her peace with the 1-A girls' get together. She and Momo already had the food and drinks prepared while the rest were in charge of finding a good spot under a nice tree and spreading the sheets. Sipping the warm tea she had at hand, she smiles affectionately at the group; Mina and Toru teasing the flustered Ochako, Kyoka and Tsuyu discussing about music and Momo tenderly eyeing her classmates as she munches her biscuits.

"The tea tastes great, Momo," Kei beams at the raven-haired female.

Momo returns the gesture, blushing lightly "That's my favorite so far! My family restocks it weekly, fresh from abroad. If you like it, I can supply for you or maybe brew you one every day."

"That sounds so sweet of you. Thank you, Momo," Kei giggles. "I'm happy that they let us off the class early. Today is such a nice day," she comments, looking up at the clear sky.

"Indeed, it is," Momo gazes at the heavens and gives a subtle side-glance to Kei.

Their free day was well spent with the girls chatting randomly, ranging from academics to personal and embarrassing stuff, the latter mostly courtesy of Mina. When Tenya calls them in for dinner, the group complies. Kei, was however, singled out almost as soon as she enters the dormitory when Shoto drags her to a secluded corner.

Assessing the male's foul mood, she grimaces slightly. "Sho," Kei murmurs weakly, almost hinting where the conversation will head to, "what's wrong?"

"Are you okay?" the male asks sternly.

Quite surprised by the unexpected question, Kei pauses a bit before answering. "Yes, I am. Are you?"

This is when the female notices the whitening knuckles of the male due to his still tightening grip. With clenched jaw, Shoto mumbles, "Last night. Did Bakugo do anything to you?"

Kei's eyes dim at the male's concern, eventually blanking its emotions out. "So that's what this is about." She starts to turn her trunk against the teen when she was abruptly halted by a strong grip through her shoulder.

"Did he do you any harm?" This time, Shoto's voice was demanding, overbearing even.

"No, Shoto, he didn't," Kei calmly responds but her answer did not satisfy the male.

"Kei, talk to me honestly—"

"Please!" The female swats away Shoto's arm, startling the latter. "Can you just...give me a break?" her voice, although low, was shaking. She is afraid to ruin her relationship with her childhood friend after all, like the last time.

"Fine." Shoto sighs at her restraint. "Can you at least tell me that you won't pick him over me?"

Kei grits her teeth with Shoto's unusual remark. She averts her gaze, gulping the already forming huge bulge at her throat. "Why do I have to choose between you two, Shoto?"

Before the male could retort anything, Momo enter the scene with a concerned expression. "Kei, Todoroki. Dinner is already getting cold."

Kei passes by the other female, smiling meaningfully at her. "I'm turning in early."

"O-Okay," Momo replies, deciding to check on Kei later on.

Darkness.

Exhausted to even complain, Kei steps in the all too familiar door.

She sees the guest room of their old dwelling, which confused her a little bit as it was empty.

"Aizawa?" Kei guesses, noting that a very few knows this location. Her thoughts was later interrupted when she hears a doorbell. Opening it cautiously, she sees a poking indigo strands defying the gravity. "Oh, Aizawa junior," Kei blinks.