22

"Hey! Get ready, audience!" The packed open stadium roars out of excitement as Present Mic finally marks the day of the UA sports festival. "Come forward, mass media! It's the high school fighting ground that you all love! Everybody, UA sports festival is about to start. Are you ready? First year students will now enter."

From a long tunnel, Kei stretches her limbs wearing their school PE uniform, with the undergarments especially made for her in cases she needed to use her fire quirk. She was instructed to blend with the general studies upon entrance.

"I see that you made it here," a familiar purple-head pops from behind the female.

Kei turns to the origin of the voice, smiling at the thought of seeing her favorite boy, "Of course, Toshi! You seem well-rested."

"UA Sports Festival! The once a year battle where rookie heroes engage in fierce competition to take the top. You all want to see these guys right?" Hizashi's projection flashes on big screens as fireworks display beautifully on the clear day sky.

"Let your guard down and you'll be out before you know it," Hitoshi says with a stern voice. Kei did not fail to take notice of his change in demeanor, which she was delighted about since her guts tell her that her best boy is serious about showcasing the fruits of his hard work and abilities this day.

"Right back at you," Kei flushes a daring grin. "See you at the top."

"Although attacked by the enemy, they overcame it with hearts of steel. The marvelous new starts, Hero Course Class 1-A!" With the emcee's remark, the excited spectators greet the entering group. "They're not attracting much attention, but they're full of talent too. Hero Course Class 1-B." Present Mic introduces the next class. "Next, Ordinary Course C, D, and E." Hizashi says, cuing the entrance of Hitoshi and Kei's group. "And support Course F, G, H is here too. And the Management Course I, J, and K. This is all of UA's first-year students!"

"I am already sensing bias," Kei murmurs, musing a smirk, which gains the attention of Hitoshi.

"We're just here to serve as a foil, right?" one of the General Studies utters to his classmate.

"How tiring," his classmate responds.

Kei's and Hitoshi's eyes silently follow through the conversation from their background.

"Player's Pledge!" The pro hero Midnight sways her whip midair as soon as the mob settles.

"Oh ho ~" Kei's beam widens as she examines a very thin fabric worn by the teacher.

Hitoshi sighs, "Don't even."

"But I didn't even say a thing yet," Kei pouts, feinting innocence. "Ne Toshi ~ She seems to have similar effects with males almost as I do. Are you also immune to adult charms?"

All she got was a side glace.

"Quiet!" Midnight instructs, once again whipping midair. "Student Representative 1-A, Katsuki Bakugo." Upon hearing the name, the said male silently walks to the stage with his arms tucked in his pockets despite the various reactions from the crowd.

"From the hero course, huh," remarks one of the Class 1-C students, which attracted the attention of several people from the hero course. From 1-A's field of vision, Kei has been blocked by Hitoshi's tall stature thus incapacitating the group to recognize their one-time classmate.

"I'm betting twenty that he'll go along the lines of 'I'll win this'," Kei whispers to the purple-head.

"Unfortunately, we are on the same page," Hitoshi replies, earning a giggle from the female. The male low-key watches the female's reaction to his own pleasure.