12

In the girls' lockers area, one topic can be heard—the special class student.

"She's so lewd! I cannot accept the fact that UA actually got her in."

"Was she not from recommendations?"

"Most certainly not! She was not with Todoroki and me during the exams."

"She must have some strong backers then."

"But girls, have you forgotten?"

"Forgotten what?"

"How awesome her quirk is!"

"I first thought she is somehow dragon-related, you know, wings and fire."

"She is not mutated though..."

"In UA, quirk solely doesn't matter!"

"Oh, believe me, it certainly does," the raven-haired girl enters the room, silencing the group. "That is why the somehow pointless entrance exam is based on combat quirks and abilities." She explains, walking to her locket to get her things. "Although I do not know how the invisible girl got any points from the robots. Her physique seems pretty average."

"Speaking of the female dog," one of them utters.

"Aw, thanks. That's the worst insult yet, and I am taking it as a compliment." She smirks as she strolls towards the door, "Be more creative in your word play next time, pony-tail."

On her exit, various comments were heard, ranging from admiration to hatred.

As the sun starts to set, Kei searches for a certain bi-colored male. On her errand, she spots a familiar blonde walking away from the entrance with unusual expression on his face. "Ara, was he crying just now?" The female pauses for a second, "Too bad, he isn't my target at the moment."

She then continues to scavenge the school grounds, finally spotting a familiar figure. She dashes and jumps on his back. Despite the impact, the male was unmoved.

"Sho ~"

"Get off me," he says in a low, stern tone.

The female was startled by his behavior as he never used this way of speaking before. She instinctively got off, flashing a worried frown on her features.

"But, it's me! I came to UA to surprise you..." her voice trails off, noticing a deep scowl on the male's face. "What's—wrong?"

"Listen here," he glares at the girl. "I do not know you. And I never did." He then walks away, not bothering a second look.

The female felt a strange pang in her heart. To her, it's like being stabbed repeatedly at her chest. "Was it—because of my quirk?"

Because if so, it technically implies that she was loathed because she was born.

Her eyes were later stained with tears as the long-lost sensation of being left alone slowly creeps back to her.

She reaches for her phone and sends a message

Kei:

Hey. Can I come home late tonight?

I'll be strolling for a bit. Already missing the city's night lights.

Daddy ~:

What happened? You seem down.

Kei:

I'll tell you about my day later.