52

There's less than a week left before the provisional license exam.

Kei presses the doorbell in front of a familiar steel frame. Several seconds after, she hears light footsteps approaching her.

The person then opens it and sighs upon seeing her grinning state, "You could have just entered. You already have access here."

The teen giggles, "Yeah, but I just wanna troll you." She walks past her guardian and towards the dining area. "Your class made extra snacks. I figured we could share with you." She sets the box if sweets on the table and grabs utensils needed for consumption. "You wanna eat it now?"

Aizawa just hums, tailing the female.

"Are you actually having your rest day? That's new," Kei gives the adult a side-glance as she opens the goods.

"Just this hour. I'll be back to work later," he replies. He pulls a sit at the edge of the table and the female settles beside him.

"I see."

The duo ate in silence

"So," Kei starts with a sheepish smile, "I've decided."

"Carry on," Aizawa says as he lazily chews his food.

"I thought about All Might's words and," Kei trails her words, "I wanna have a hero license..."

The adult shoots a knowing glance at Kei's direction. "If you're just saying that because you felt obliged to do so, bear in mind that no one's actually pressuring you."

"No, that's not it." Kei murmurs, averting her eyes, "I wanna have the freedom to use my quirk to at least protect the people important to me." She frowns a bit, recalling certain incidents, "Our batch seems pretty prone to villain attacks and all and you've also been through a lot lately. If I could just, maybe, help you a little bit with your burdens... When I'm capable enough, maybe I could also protect you the same way you safeguard your students' well-being.'"

Aizawa gazes at the female with thoughts lingering in his mind, Me, getting protected? As a professional hero, he almost never considered the idea of having someone, much less younger at that, to cover for him as he is expected to be the protector and not to be the one who needs protecting. He has been preoccupied with the welfare of the people around him—the citizens on his night patrols and his students almost 24/7 to such extent that he is willing to give his all in maintaining peace and nurturing the next generation. He was more on giving, and not receiving.

"I—uhh, I know that you do not really need assistance seeing that you're very much adept to do so but," Kei smiles weakly, "heroics aside, you're also a citizen who needs someone to rely on in case of troubles, right?"

Aizawa ponders over the teen's thoughts. He finds himself reaching for Kei's head, patting it gently as his sincere smile spreads on his face. "I'll count on you, then."

"Sho ~" Kei tugs the male's cardigan. The said boy was just about to leave the dorm's kitchen with a strawberry milk on his hand.

"Kei," he addresses the female stoically.

"Let's spar, I'm bored ~" Kei pleads, displaying the best of her puppy eyes.

Shoto simply nods as he sips his beverage. He follows the grinning female outside.

As they reach the door, the couple spots an entering Pomeranian, "Where are you going with the half-n-half bastard?!"

"We're up for a spar!" Kei excitedly replies.

"I'm coming with you," Katsuki growls.

"Oh ~ are you sure you're up for a threesome?" Kei coos, poking at the blonde's side.