G R O U N D

"Brat."

When everything is shaky, things go off-balance and she cannot hold into anything else, there is the ground that is always ready to catch her. Shota became her foothold, her main support since her life in UA. The adult has always been supportive of her every decision and unjudging of her personalities. Kei always respected him so much that she refuses to just call him by his first name even though he insisted it. Aizawa has personally been a better ring to the female, although she really does not know why.

"Guardian," Kei calls out to the male who stands behind the teacher's desk. Kei chuckles as soon as she realizes where they are. "We're at a classroom. Are you finally giving me one hell of a scolding, sensei—aak!"

Startled by the sudden pull of the male's signature scarf, Kei stiffens up. When everything becomes static, she expected to hear her guardian's usual sigh but found none. Instead, she was smoothly placed on the ground. She later sees the adult going to her level and gently patting her head. With sorrowful, unrestrained expression, Aizawa asks, "How have you been? Is everything alright here?"

"Are you not going to ask me to return too?" Kei blinks in confusion.

"You make it sound like you wanted to return," Aizawa says, caressing her hair before retrieving his hand back.

"I—no..."

"It's alright," the male softens his gaze as Kei averts her eyes. "It's just a little unfortunate that you couldn't meet Eri. She has been looking forward to meet the other member of my family."

As soon as Kei hears the word, her eyes nearly betrayed her.

Family.

His family...

Aizawa...

Kei smiles weakly as she looks at the ceiling, forcing her waterworks to retreat. With a soft sniff, she pins her sight to the male to meet the deep, soulful orbs. "I'm sure you alone can be enough for her." Her arms reach out to the male's trunk, her face burying to his warm chest in the process. With muffled voice, she murmurs, "You're the best adult, after all... my dearest guardian..."