19

That night, Katsuki's nickname appeared on the caller's ID.

"Hey," the male started off, his bedroom voice already dancing through Kei's ear canals

The female, quite amused of the situation, decided to check the time.

"Your usual sleeping hour is at 8:30, isn't it?" she set her playful tone on.

"What's the big deal about it?!"

The female giggled, subconsciously uttering, "I'm glad you're back to your right mind."

"Of course, I am at my right mind!"

Kei pauses, regretting that she said that out loud, "Uh, yeah, about what happened—"

"I'm not gonna say sorry for it, woman," Katsuki firmly stated.

"I was just going to say that it's my—"

"And don't you say anything about it either." He halted for a brief moment before continuing, "I've decided. You'll have to date me when I win the sports festival."

"But—"

"If you beat me, I'll listen to any request from you."

Kei contemplated his offer.

"You've got guts, coming from someone who can't beat me," she said as she pulled off a smirk.

"Our match wasn't over yet!" Katsuki sighed. "Just wait, woman. I'll kill you!"

Kei sweat-dropped, "The term is kind of—inappropriate, you know..."

Training—Day 6

A per her usual routine, Kei assists Recovery Girl at the clinic while learning a couple of new things.

"Pardon our intrusion!" interrupts a female voice, revealing a slim-built student with teal eyes and long, ginger hair tied into a high ponytail, her bangs on her forehead parted three-way. She is supporting an unconscious blonde by her side.

"What happened deary?" says the school nurse.

The newcomer laughs nervously, "I kind of overdid knocking him out."

"Put him on the bed, deary. He'll wake up soon enough."

The girl does what she is told to. "Thank you for taking time, Recovery Girl."

"No worries. Now, off to your classes, deary."

"Yes, Ma'am," says the ginger, sprinting out.

"Kei dear, I'll have to check on the faculty for a while. Although I'll be back soon," Recovery Girl says, handing Kei a piece of candy.

Kei nods, returning to her paperwork.

A couple of minutes later, she hears a mellow voice nearing her, "Ara, and here I thought there are a few beauties in our year level?"

Kei faces the pale gray eye orbs. "What makes you think we're of the same age?"

"Just a hunch," he smirks. He pulls out a chair, sitting comfortably on it. "So, why are you here?"

"I'm taking special classes."

"Are you a failure or something?" the male muses, widening his smirk.