Day 181

Sunday, October 4, 2020

~~~

Emotional whiplash is bad.

It hurts.

It leaves you feeling cold and empty, as if you were on top of the world and then fell to the bottom in 3 seconds.

Because you go from warmth and the softness of a couch and a ridiculous movie on and people you love because you choose to love them, to a freezing cold car and plasticity fabric of a car seat and a radio that does nothing for the tension and your mom staring you down.

It's a shock to go from one to another so quickly.

It's awful to go through.

And yet, every time I go to a friend's house or do a meetup with friends, what happens when I have to leave?

Emotional whiplash.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Does this happen to anyone else?? Do any of you go through a serious high and then come crashing down to the ground in less than three minutes?

Is this normal?

Is this healthy?

Yesterday that happened.

From 5pm to 10:10pm, I was living my best life. 

We watched the Lorax (trying to pinpoint what state it took place in the US) (we came up with Wyoming), ate a bunch of cookies, watched the beginning of Radio Rebel (Disney channel movie, I have no clue), had pizza with apple slices and caramel, made glowstick jewelry aka I made a circle and I put on my head and would remain on my head for the rest of the night, went to Target for snacks (four female-looking, mostly scary people stalking the food and Halloween aisles because yes), watched some of the Broadway musical Shrek, paused so everyone sleeping over could get changed (I petted the dog, shout out to you doggo because I love you), then we went to the basement so L could open her gifts, chilled down there for a bit (I say chilled but really we threw ping pong balls at each other and watched cool tik toks while almost committing murder), then popped back up stairs and continued watching Shrek the Broadway Musical while snacking. It was 10:05 when I said, "if my parents aren't here by 11, I'm sleeping over by default" and everyone was on board with it, but then 5 minutes later my mom showed up.

And that's when my emotional high died.

So yeah.

Recap of yesterday.

I had a great time, it's just the aftermath that ruined everything for me.

Stay safe kiddos, remember to have a solid alibi when committing murder!

Love you <3<3<3

~Ink