Day 221

Friday, November 13, 2020

~~~

I have been quarantined.

This means that, due to my family not quarantining, we have to keep a 6 feet or more distance between myself and everyone else, I'm not allowed by the food except for what I'm eating, and I'm not allowed to touch/breathe on everyone's stuff.

So basically I'm stuck in my room or at my desk if everyone's far way from me. I'll be eating my meals in my room or in the living room, socially distant.

I have to use a bathroom all to myself to keep touching similar stuff to a minimum, can't go outside of my yard, and will have to wear a mask around my family if we can't be socially distant.

I also can't use the laptop I share with my sister, which I use to write all my updates.

So, WYBOTG readers? I'll try my best to finish the chapter on my iPad/phone, but after that I may have to miss an update, at least until I can touch the laptop again.

That also means I can't do the zoom call with my friends on Sunday, unless I can download zoom on to my phone, but my parents might not allow that.

I'm going to keep doing these chapters as always, so don't worry about that.

If I'm being honest, I'm terrified.

Two weeks of zero human touch, barely any human contact besides listening to my family being happy and loving and good while I'm in my room, and not even the comfort of pulling up a familiar doc and getting to work to help. 

I have an update due on publish on Sunday that isn't done, piles of homework to be done by Monday, and two updates due Tuesday and Wednesday respectfully.

My room is small, I can't pace too much in it, most of the space is taken up by furniture. Most of the furniture is covered in books and notebooks, acting as shelves instead of a chair or a dresser or floor.

I'm so dead tired already, all I can hear is my parents' murmurs and whispers about me that I can't pick up through the door, the creaks of the floor and stairs under their feet, the knowledge that it's just me now. 

Just, me.

Stay safe kiddos, hug the people you can.

Love you <3<3<3

~Ink