Day 213

Thursday, November 5, 2020

~~~

My school has been virtual all this week, so no one's really used pronouns around me because it's just my family, who either calls the person by name or is talking to them directly, so she/her pronouns aren't used a lot in reference to me when I'm nearby.

But, there's the occasional exception.

And I don't even remember what my mom was talking about, it's just that.... she called me her "beautiful baby girl", you know, like moms do.

I'll be real with y'all, I almost said, "um, you mean your child?"

I almost corrected her to call me by neutral gender terms, when 1) I'm not out about my pronouns at all to my family, 2) I usually don't have a problem with someone using she/her pronouns so why did I have such a strong reaction against the word girl??, and 3) HOLY SHIT I ALMOST OUTED MYSELF TO MY FAMILY ON ACCIDENT 

So uh

Just a couple conflicted feelings.

I instead replied with, "eXcUsE mE?!" because I wasn't paying attention to the conversation and that's usually my way of asking the speaker to backtrack and explain what the heck they're talking about.

But here's the thing: I'm okay with people using she/her, I like that, it feels right. I'm okay with people using they/them, I like that, it feels right. 

But referring to me directly with the word "girl"? No. Just, no. 

Daughter? Yeah I'm good with that.

Child? 100% on board with that.

Sister? Yep!

Sibling? That's me!

Gal? Hi!

Pal? Ask and ye shall receive!

But girl? No. 

I don't get it, but I figure out if it's the word or just the phrase or how it was said, I'll kindly ask you to not refer to me as a girl directly, please. 

She/her pronouns are fine, as are daughter/sister/gal/etc., just not the word girl.

And honestly I'm not too bothered of someone uses she/her pronouns and someone else uses they/them, I use both sets of pronouns, but feel free to switch it up! Use both in one sentence! In one comment! Be bold my readers, if someone uses they/them to me in a comment and you reply, use she/her! Flip flop it! You have two sets of pronouns to use instead of one, go wild with it!

And am I seriously encouraging you all to start being chaotic in comments? Hell yeah I am, always be chaotic in them. Respectful to the author, but chaotic.

:)

C h a o s

Cause it dears, cause chaos.

Stay safe and be devious little punks!!

Love you all <3<3<3

~Ink