Day 224

Monday, November 16, 2020

~~~

Not me reading the end of a novel a friend gave me a friend before quarantine, about an alternate universe where Trump was never elected (or a possibility) and instead a woman and her biracial family became the First Family of the United States of America, the First Son secretly dates one of the British Princes, Covid never happened, dealing with media privacy, USA elections, family legacies, and figuring out sexuality/coming out.

It's called Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston and I love it. A lot more sexual scenes than you would assume, but it's honestly not bad and is quite emotional/good. I'd rate it as a 14-15 years old and up. I haven't checked out the fan art or the fanfic for it, but I probably will at some point this week, if I'm being honest. 

But like, the plot?? The characters?? The character development, how everything blends so well?? Like, the author took quotes from letters from suspected (and/or pretty obviously not straight) potential lovers of history and put them in the book. The characters wax poetry about each other sometimes and other times are swearing up a storm or are drowning themselves in school work or political work or calling each other to just talk.

It's so relatable though, even though it's the son of the President and the grandson of the Queen of England and US politics, it's still just two boys trying to find themselves and fight to be themselves over the course of a year. And it's beautiful.

Dang, waxing poetry about a book I just finished less than an hour ago.

Sounds in character.

Stay safe kiddos, feel free to recommend books to me!

Love you all so much <3<3<3

~Ink