Paul Stanley #1

Look at her, you thought as you watched a girl walk up to your boyfriend. She's so pretty and I'm so . . . plain.

She could be a model and here I am . . . working at a café. A café that's below my apartment.

You sighed, turning away from the two of them. Despite dating for three years, you never understood why Paul Stanley of KISS would want to be with you when he could go for another girl. After all he was popular so why not? Why not take the chance and leave you for someone else?

He never did, though. He remained loyal to you.

"Ugh." You rubbed your nose before looking around. Ace was nearby, busily tuning his guitar while chatting with Peter. As for Gene, well, you didn't know where he was. But you knew he had to be somewhere.

Sighing again, you walked over to the guitarist and the drummer. Paul was still talking to the girl and they were laughing. You ignored them. "Hey."

Ace looked up and smiled. "Hi."

"Hey Y/N," Peter greeted.

"Listen, I have a question," you started, then hesitated. They grew curious. "Do you think I'm pretty?"

At first neither of them said anything. They just stared, which made you nervous.

Maybe asking them was a bad idea, you thought. I shouldn't have brought it up.

But then Peter spoke. "Why are you asking that, Y/N? Of course you're pretty."

"Beautiful," Ace added with a smile. Unbeknownst to you, Ace had developed a crush on you after meeting each other a few years back. He was the one who introduced you to the band, and that's how you met Paul. Now you were his girlfriend.

"Really?" you asked.

"Really."

A smile came upon your face. "Thanks."

However, after turning away from them, your smile faded. It appeared that Paul was having a good time with the girl, whatever her name was. Again you ignored the sight of them by having a conversation with Gene, who literally showed up out of nowhere. And a few minutes later, you were laughing, even though what Gene had said wasn't really that funny. He knew this, too.

"Y/N, I don't really think that was funny," he told you.

"Yes it was," you said with a grin. "I'll see you later, Gene."

His expression turned in one of confusion as you winked at him and walked away. By this time the girl had left, meaning that Paul was alone. He noticed you and smiled. "Hey. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep." Your tone was sour. Paul's smile faded but didn't say anything about it. Instead he said goodbye to the others and left with you.

Throughout the car ride, you were surprisingly quiet. Paul tried to talk to you but all you did was give him the silent treatment. Besides, you were too occupied in your thoughts to speak.

After reaching your apartment (and the café), you got out of the car silently and went up to the side of the building. A stairway led to the second floor - your apartment. The day had turned to night and so now the café was closed. It had been your day off.

"Y/N, is something wrong?" Paul questioned from behind. He had followed you up the stairs and was now leaning against the railing.

"No." You unlocked the door before going inside. Paul walked in, too.

"Don't say that, Y/N. I know something is wrong. You've been giving me the silent treatment." He took a hold of your hands. "What's wrong?"

Biting your lip, you decided to ask. "Do you like her?"

Paul raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"That girl you were talking to. Do you like her?" You paused, then said, "Because I understand if you do. She's much prettier than me."

"What?" Paul frowned. "Y/N, what are you talking about?"

"Don't act so innocent, Paul!" you snapped. "You know what I'm talking about! I saw you together. And it looked like you were having a great time. So if you want to leave me for her, go ahead. I'll understand."

Paul opened his mouth to speak but instead you continued, pulling your hands out of his grasp and moving away from him. "You know, during the past three years we've been together, I've been wondering something. Why me? I'm just a girl who works in a café. A girl who lives in an apartment above a café. Why would a handsome rockstar care about a boring girl like that?"

"Y/N, listen to me," he said softly, hugging you from behind. "I love you. Okay? I love you so much. And it doesn't matter where you work or live because I'll still love you."

"Really?"  you asked.

"Yes." He kissed your cheek, then your jaw. "I love you so much, Y/N. And you're not boring."

You didn't say anything. He kissed the corner of your mouth. "You're amazing. You're beautiful. Special, even. And I want you. So don't ever bring yourself down, Y/N. You're so worthy of my love and attention."

Pretty soon he let go, making you turn around to face him. He smiled and took out a small black box before opening it. Inside was a beautiful diamond ring. You gasped at the sight.

"The girl I was with," he started, "worked at the jewelry store. She wanted to know if I had given it to you yet."

No words came out of your mouth. You were completely speechless.

"So Y/N, will you marry me?"

"Oh, yes!" You nodded. "Oh, yes, Paul!"

He smiled, sliding the ring onto your finger. Then he pulled you in for a kiss. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, too, Paul," you said with a grin.

Both of you kissed again.