Arc 4: Chapter 65

It was around three months before the ball in Vaidia. It will take around a week and a half to reach Vaidia so Elenor needed to pack and leave. Richard who she first thought of inviting was now Isabella's partner for the ball.

When she asked, surprisingly he had agreed without Elenor needing to pursue or bribing him. Isabella was ecstatic with this development, she nearly jumped and squealed but thankfully she kept her composure and acted like usual until she left.

Elenor stretched her back, rubbing her shoulders as she stared at the luggage she needed to bring for her stay at Vaidia. This was her first time leaving this kingdom. She was excited but had a tinge of nervousness. She still didn't know who sent her the letter with a gold wax seal.

Before she thought further, a knock on the door was heard and Alec walked in with a few snacks. Twas the night before she had to leave to Vaidia and although most of her things were already packed by Alice, Paige and Denice, there were some stuff that hadn't been packed.

Elenor brightly smiled at Alec who walked over to her. She grabbed one snack without hesitation and hummed in delight. Late night snacks were always the best.

She turned to look out the window. The leaves were turning a reddish brown. Some were yellow and orange. The weather was becoming colder as time passed. Elenor smiled. Autumn has arrived, one of her favourite seasons.

She glanced back at Alec and grinned, "Let's have another picnic Alec."

"...It's already night time."

She cocked her head to the side in an imposing manner, "So? We can have a night picnic."

"Picnics are for the afternoon."

"Party pooper." she glared.

Alec sighed, "What's a party pooper?"

"Not telling until we agree to have a picnic right now."

"Milady..."

"The last time we had one was a year ago plus we can see the leaves change colour as well!"

"Alright." he gave in which made her smile.

"Let's secretly steal some apple pie from the kitchen."

"..You're enjoying this aren't you?"

"Of course, we won't be here for months."

"I'll get everything prepared. You should finish packing up the final things you need before I come back."

Elenor rolled her eyes and nodded. Alec wanted to nag her more but dropped it and shook his head. He stroked the top of her head before heading out to prepare their last minute picnic in the middle of the night.

Listening to Alec, she finished packing before he came back and took an oil lamp lying in her room. Exactly when she turned the lamp on, he returned with a basket along with two blankets.

"Alright let's go!" she merrily said but was stopped by Alec.

He placed a coat over her. It was warm and fluffy which made her bring the coat closer to her body.

"Now we can go." Alec nodded, satisfied.

He was about to take hold of the lamp but Elenor shook her head. He nodded and allowed her to lead the way back to where they had their first picnic.

Elenor looked left and right a couple of times before slowly reaching out towards Alec's hand. Warmth from Alec's hand spread towards her cold hand. Satisfied with what she did, she moved away the branches blocking the way to the secret field that the two only knew.