Arc 2: Chapter 40

Soon next year finally came and it was the day where the coming-of-age ceremony would take place at the royale palace ballroom. Elenor spent her new year's with her family together with Alec and the workers who didn't return back to their family that year. Lloyd did come over extremely last minute but it was after he celebrated with his own family.

When Elenor asked why he decided to crash over at their estate, he simply answered,

"Because the marquess household is very fun to be with."

Elenor let him go since he was her friend and she was in a good mood that day. The workers in the estate set some fireworks off at the perfect timing. It was bright and colourful but loud. Elenor tried to cover her ears but someone had already done it for her.

Glancing at the person, it was Alec who calmly watched the fireworks without batting an eyelid. Elenor couldn't help but stare in awe at his beauty, especially when the fireworks shot up in the sky and the colours radiated on his skin.

If she hadn't been strengthening her mind and body, she would have easily got a nosebleed from looking at such a perfectly sculptured black haired man in front of her.

'As expected 10 out of 10 looks.'

After the celebration, everyone in the estate was still busy. If not, busier. All because of Elenor's coming-of-age ceremony. Elenor was forced to get up at the crack of dawn to be prepared by the maids. They gave her a facial and body massage, a scented bath and more. They also didn't give her any food, only water for her to drink.

Elenor already expected this beforehand so she secretly ate some snacks hours before they woke her up. Luckily it wasn't obvious and she was still able to fit into her dress. The dress was a blue ballgown dress with embroidered flowers around the dress and gems embedded into the chest area in a pretty pattern.

For accessories, Elenor wore simple rings around her fingers, gems around her hair, layered necklaces and matching blue earrings that went with her dress. She wore nude heels which were hidden under her dress. Her hair was tied into a low bun with curls and her makeup was light and natural.

"Milady, your family is waiting for you downstairs." Alec spoke as he came into the room.

Elenor turned towards him. He came just when the maids had finished retouching up everything before letting her off.

"We can't let them wait." she lightly laughed to herself before gently taking hold of Alec's hand.

Letting Alec lead her downstairs, her family members who were waiting for her noticed her presence and smiled brightly after seeing how she looked for the day.

"You look stunning Elenor," her father praised, engulfing her in a short hug before her mother pulled her away into her own arms.

"You grew up so fast but no matter what you are always our baby daughter." her mother said, lightly kissing her forehead.

"Thank you mother, father." Elenor smiled.

Elenor removed her hand from Alec's and into Richard's who had been waiting for her. He smiled and nodded.

"As expected of my sister, nobody can compare with your beauty."

Elenor chuckled but at the back of her mind, she knew the protagonist would rival her looks and win. Nonetheless, she accepted the compliments and headed off to the royale palace. Alec sat outside with the coachman while she and her brother sat inside the carriage.

Elenor looked out the window. The sun was setting when they headed off which left a beautiful ombre in the sky. However the only thing on her mind was that it was almost time for the story plot to begin.