Arc 4: Chapter 69

Author's note: updates from now will be slowed down, sorry guys :( i have been quite stuck so nothing has come into my mind to write for this story

i have everything planned out but writing it is the problem >︿< so to try overcoming this problem i decided to write another book,,, not the best option but it's kinda working (i might post it if i can write up to more than 10 chapters!!)

i decided to put an author's note here just in case you guys don't read the ending note, i needed you guys to know updates won't be as frequent as before and i apologise for that

now! on to the story~

---

The wind was blowing strongly causing the red leaves to tremble before falling down to the ground. Elenor had a big grin on her face as she watched Alec rake the leaves into one huge pile. They were hidden from the eyes of the servants as the sun began to set.

"Is it done?" Rosina asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she stared at the pile of leaves growing bigger as Alec continued raking.

Alec stopped and nodded. Elenor and Rosina grinned and hurriedly jumped into the pile of leaves letting it fly up into the air before falling back down.

Covered in leaves, the two girls laughed before helping one another take the leaves out of their hair. They continued jumping into piles of leaves for a good amount of time before they quickly cleaned themselves up so that they wouldn't get an earful of Isabella's lecturing if she found out.

It has been a week since they arrived in Vaidia. Other than visiting the capital often, Elenor would often hang out with Rosina and Isabella.

"Hm it's been some time since we saw Lloyd." Elenor commented as the three ate dinner in Rosina's room.

As they weren't the only guests in this building, they would go to each other's rooms for meals or tea time. Rosina sighed,

"Every time he wanted to visit, they would always find an excuse to keep him there."

"And since he's a guest he can't refuse." Elenor muttered to herself, nodding at the explanation.

Isabella had a frown on her face as she placed her fork down. Wiping her lips graciously, she spoke,

"I heard that the king wants him to get engaged with his daughter."

"Where did you hear that from?" Elenor asked, intrigued by the topic.

"Do you not hear the gossip in this place? It's noisy." Isabella responded with a scoff.

The two paused their conversation and glanced over at Rosina who had a complicated expression on her face. They briefly made eye contact with one another before Elenor spoke,

"Rosina, you like Lloyd right?"

The question caught her off guard causing her to nearly spill her drink over the table. Her face was flushed red as she tried to defend herself.

"H-how could I! He deserves to be with someone who can stand next to him!" she exclaimed but after she said that, a look of pain flashed on her face before it disappeared.

Unfortunately for her, Elenor and Isabella saw the look. Isabella sighed, looking away.

"I don't believe that his highness would agree to that. Don't trust those stupid rumours as well."

Elenor chuckled at how Isabella was trying her best to cheer Rosina up.

"Yeah, don't belittle yourself. You like Lloyd isn't it? Then you should try your best to be the one who can stand next to him."