Arc 3: Chapter 49

A loud crunch sound echoed through the cementery.

"Huh? Sir Alec? You're back again!!" a young girl's voice cuts him off.

Elenor whipped her head to the back to see a woman in her thirties and a small young girl who seemed very excited.

"Hello," Alec greeted them, taking a few steps away from Elenor.

"Hello, it's such a pleasant surprise to see you again." the woman spoke, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

The young girl let go of the woman's hand and ran up towards Elenor and Alec. She stared at Elenor with her big doe eyes before turning to Alec.

"Who's she?" she asked pointing.

"Jill you mustn't point fingers! It is very rude." the woman, Elenor assumed was her mother, said.

Jill, the young girl pouted before turning to Elenor. "I'm sorry for pointing fingers at you miss.."

"It is alright,"

Alec stood beside her and introduced, "She is my lady I serve."

On cue, Elenor lightly bowed, "My name's Elenor Berry Hester. It is nice to meet you two."

Jill gasped, "The flowers you bought were for her right sir Alec?"

"Yes, you are correct." he nodded.

Jill smiled brightly before running back to her mother.

"Today we're here to visit my daddy!!"

"How sweet of you," Elenor said, smiling at Jill.

"We shouldn't bother you two anymore. Hope you have a pleasant day." Elenor added on, waving goodbye to them.

"Bye bye!" Jill happily waved over at them while her mother smiled warmly, bidding them goodbye.

Elenor and Alec walked out of the cemetery. Elenor looked up at the sky. It was still quite early to head back home. Then, she remembered the Baron's household was around this area. Maybe she could scavenge around to find something that could help Alec.

"Alec, let's go over there." she pointed at the direction where she thought the household could be at.

She wasn't too sure since she only saw a map of all the households, once. She could only hope her memory served her correct.

Alec kept still for some time until he finally nodded. Elenor walked ahead of him. The memory of what happened at the cemetery was still fresh and as much as she wanted to pretend nothing happened, the signs were becoming more obvious.

Alec liked her.

She knew. Of course she did, it wasn't obvious at first but she has been observing him ever since she came into this world. She just didn't want to come to terms with it. There's no way Alec would like her. Even if it wasn't explicitly shown or written in her book, Alec was in love with Rosina. If he wasn't, there was no reason for him to just become Rosina's exclusive butler after he killed Elenor off. 

So she pretended. Pretended to be dense and blur about his actions.

But she had to accept it. Alec liked her instead of Rosina. Elenor knew she should feel relief that he did like her because now he wouldn't kill her...but she couldn't. Not when she still wished to return back to her own world.

It was also only the beginning of the book, soon perhaps he too would follow the plot and fall for Rosina. She was just a small crush he had which will go away once he becomes closer with Rosina.

'I'll shut him down early so it will be easier for the both of us..'

Before Elenor had time to come up with a way to shoot him down, a large building came into her sight. It looked old, rundown and ready to fall any second. The plants around the house had wilted for a long time which made the place even less welcoming and more spooky.

"This is the Baron's house right...?" she carefully asked Alec, side glancing at him.

His lips were pressed into a thin line before nodding. Elenor knew he was having mixed feelings coming back here.

"Shall we look inside?"

"What for?" he asked sharply.

She didn't want to tell him about her plan yet but since it came to this, she decided it was time to let him know what she was planning to do for him.

She spun around and faced him. "I need something to prove you are the sole heir of this household."

"Why?" he questioned, patiently waiting for her to continue.

"So you can take the title and quit as a butler. If Elenor ever came back, at least you can still fend for yourself plus I'm sure Lloyd will have your back if anything happens."

"I mean you already can fend for yourself since you can just kill her off but it's better to take some precautions." she chuckled before turning her attention back to the household.

She tried to take one step into the household but was pulled back by Alec forcefully. She raised an eyebrow at him,

"What is it?"

He didn't respond but kept his strong grip on her arm. She frowned at his hand on her arm.

"Hey! Let go of me!" she exclaimed, trying to wiggle her way out of his grip but it was strong.

She frowned before kicking his foot really hard and flipped him around. It would have worked but it was Alec so before he even touched the ground, he had already gained back his balance and pinned Elenor down on the ground instead. She glared at him, still struggling under his hold.

"Alec!-"

"Do you not want me as your butler anymore?" he asked but it sounded more like a demand.

She gawked at him which made him even more impatient. Again he asked with a deep frown on his face, "Does milady not want me as your butler anymore?"

---

Author's note: no murder tonight please (;'д`)ゞ i have more installed muahaha