Arc 1: Chapter 8

Alec and Elenor went over to the horse stable. The stable boy who was doing his usual rounds when he saw them walking closer. He quickly bowed at Elenor, "Lady Elenor! You're...you're here again."

She nodded and gave him a small smile, "Yes, where's Ace?"

"He's inside his stable..."

"Alright, thank you...what is your name?"

"U-uh Charles milady!" he stammered before his cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

Elenor nodded again, "Okay, thank you Charles."

She walked away to where Ace was at and Charles was staring blankly at her. Alec lightly tapped her shoulder, whispering into her ear,

"You have deeply shocked him to his core, milady."

Elenor hummed, "Really? I guess he will get used to it soon."

Her eyes lit up as she stroked Ace's head gently. "Hello, did you miss me?"

Ace lightly moved his head before nuzzling his face into hers. Her smile grew wider, "Shall we ride around the field?"

She swiftly got onto him and patted his body, "Good boy." she soothed.

After that, Elenor took Ace around the field a couple of times before she heard someone calling her name. Ace slowly came to a stop and she looked at the person who had called her name. It was her father.

"What is it father?" she asked, still sitting on Ace.

He looked at Ace then back at her before clearing his throat, "Would you like to come with me to the palace?"

"The palace...?"

"Yes, his highness will also be around that time so you will be able to see him." her father added on.

She stared at him before forcing out a smile, "I see but it is alright father. I do not mind staying here-"

"But..I've already mentioned you will be coming with me today."

"Father.." she stared at him while he just looked away sheepishly.

She sighed, shaking her head. "If it is like that then I have no choice."

Her father looked back at her with a smile, "Then I'll be waiting for you."

Once her father left, Elenor got off of Ace, handing him to Charles before heading back to her room to change. She had a slight sour look on her face and it seems like Alec noticed it.

"Is something the matter with going to the palace?"

"Not really but-" she heaved a sigh, turning to Alec.

She had a frown on my face as she spoke, "That crown prince is going to still think I'm in love with him ever since we met when I was ten!"

In the book, Elenor and the crown prince met when she was only ten because her father brought her over to the palace for the first time. Ever since she laid eyes on him, she often came over to see him.

She rolled her neck, "I mean I'm excited to see other characters of mine but being misunderstood is another problem."

"You have agreed with your father already however."

"Yeah, can't avoid it at this point."

Elenor called in her maids, "Could you make me look pretty today? I'm going to the palace today."

Their eyes lit up with determination, it almost looked like there's fire in them. "Yes milady!!"

"I shall wait outside until you are finished." Alec bowed and left the room before the maids started dressing her up prettily.