Arc 4: Chapter 72

Alec left in the middle of the night where no eyes fell on him. As for Elenor, she barely slept. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't. The sun was now slowly rising yet the building was awfully silent.

Giving up on getting some sleep, she decided to check on the young boy who she had brought back. He was now sleeping in Alec's room so she softly knocked on the door before carefully opening it, not wanting to wake the boy up.

She walked over to the side of the bed where he was sleeping soundly. It was dark in the room but her eyes had already adjusted to it. Her eyes fell on his right arm that wasn't covered by the blanket.

It had whip marks deeply scarred in it. There were burn marks as well as cuts that were barely healed properly. Elenor frowned at the sight. This was the reason why she came over. She carefully reached out to see if there were more injuries on his arm when a tight grip was wrapped around her wrist.

"Who are you!?" the young boy shouted, his ocean blue eyes glaring at her in the dark.

Elenor could only smile sheepishly before gently placing her hand on his head, "Relax. I came to check on you."

She could feel the boy stiffening up from her touch before relaxing at her voice. His eyes still gazed at her.

She spoke in a soft tone, not wanting to scare him any more, "You're safe with me. I won't let anyone touch you okay?"

"...How can I trust you?" he asked, voice shaking.

Elenor closed her eyes. She knew he held his guard up because of all the pain he had gone through when he was still in Hera's hands.

Her eyes fluttered open before gazing down at the ash blonde boy, "..It is up to you whether you want to trust me or not. But I am true to my words. I will never harm you or let anyone harm you. I'll protect you from now on."

"..."

Elenor chuckled, "What's your name?" she asked.

After a long pause, she heard him speak, "...Ray.."

"Ray. That's a lovely name." she brightly said before patting his head once then removed her hand away.

"Get some more rest. I'll see you tomorrow." Elenor said before leaving the room, returning to hers.

Ray stared at the door that was now closed shut. He brought his knees up to his chest and blankly stared at a distance. Elenor's words rang through his mind.

Can he really trust her? He had been stuck in that monstrous lady's place for so long. Now he's finally out but the painful memories still flashed by his eyes. He was going to be betrayed again. What was the use of trying to believe in someone?

Ray took in a deep breath. He'll see if that red hair lady can be trusted. With that in mind, he drifted back to sleep, his knees still pressed against his chest.

It was now fully bright with the sun coming through the windows. Richard had visited her room with a few papers in his hand. Elenor turned to her brother and greeted him.

"Here's the information you wanted." he said, handing her the papers.

She read through it and nodded. "That was fast, thank you brother, this will do."

Richard didn't leave just yet, he meticulously observed his sister before sighing. She noticed his dilemma.

"What's wrong brother?"

"Are you sure you're alright?" he questioned, his eyes brimming with concern.

Elenor nodded and offered him a smile, "I'm alright brother. If it weren't for Alec agreeing to her whims, we probably wouldn't be able to come back here."