Arc 1: Chapter 13

Elenor made a beeline to her room after ordering Alec to tell her parents about the ball she had been forced to go with the prince. She didn't feel like hearing them make a ruckus over this, especially Richard. In the end, they still burst into her room and created a ruckus before she finally got them to calm down and leave for the night.

Alec as usual did his job, tending to her needs while she pondered in her mind about what she should do next.

"If you're thinking of escaping, I'm afraid his highness will not accept it." Alec cut her thoughts off.

She glared at him before pouting, "I know! You don't need to tell me that..."

"Yes of course because you are the author of this world."

She could hear the sarcasm dripping from his voice. She ignored him and got lost in her thoughts once more. Without noticing, a few days went by and it was around three days before the ball.

"I'm bored." she mumbled, slamming a book shut.

Elenor groaned loudly, stretching her arms and legs out before slumping back into her chair. She glanced over at Alec who was cleaning her room once again. She continued observing him, finding it more interesting than anything she had done within the past week.

Alec stopped his work and sighed, "Milady please don't bore holes into my back."

"But I'm bored!"

"Then why not go to capital?"

She gasped and jumped out of her chair, snapping her head at Alec. With twinkling eyes I said to him loudly, "Yes!! Let's go to the capital Alec!"

"..."

"Please stop staring at me with such rude eyes Alec."

She huffed before grabbing his hand, dragging him out of the estate with her. "To the capital!" she declared.

When they reached town, Elenor looked around and wondered what to do.

"What shall we do?" she questioned Alec.

Powerless, he replied back. "Anything you want to do milady."

Clicking her tongue, she folded her arms up to her chest, her foot tapping on the pavement before she noticed something from the corner of her eye. Without a word, she grabbed hold of Alec's hand once more and walked over to the place that caught her eye.

Elenor stopped walking as they reached the destination. She turned to Alec and with bright eyes she beamed at him, "Let's sit on a boat ride!"

Alec glanced over at the boat ride then back at her. She grinned at him before releasing her hold on his hand and went over to the person in charge and paid the amount needed to go on the boat ride. The two sat in the boat, facing each other and when she was about to take the oars into her hands but Alec stopped her.

"I cannot allow milady to row the boat."

She let out a giggle, "Why thank you, my lovely butler."

Alec wrapped his fingers around the oars and slowly rowed, the boat moving calmly along the waters. Elenor relaxed into the boat, looking at the water and scenery. She glanced back at Alec. His eyes were fluttered shut and had a calm expression as he continued rowing. When they were far from the dock, he stopped rowing and let the boat follow the water naturally.

It was peaceful and relaxing. Alec seemed to agree as well, his expression on his face was softer and had no harsh lines on his face. Elenor decided to observe him more in silence. There weren't many people around them as well. Her hair flowed through the soft breeze, gently flying in the wind.