Arc 2: Chapter 32

Elenor was getting ready for the play which will be shown at night. The maids dressed her in an off-shoulder dress. It was a gradient from dark purple to white at the lower half of the dress. Not wanting to seem too plain, they added accessories. They placed a thin chain necklace around her neck, a pair of pearl earrings and long lace gloves for her hands up to her elbows. She wore high heels with an ankle strap secured so it wouldn't come off her feet.

The maids decided to have a slightly heavier makeup look for her with darker eyeshadows and lipstick. Her hair was curled and placed into a low bun with braids. Elenor was by now used to their magic fingers so seeing how she looked after they beautified her was something she slowly became immune to.

"As always you three always outdone yourselves each time," Elenor praised before taking a small purse from the table which matched her outfit.

Elenor then left the room to find Alec waiting for her.

He wore a black collar dress shirt together with a red tie and dress pants, paired with black dress shoes. His red suit jacket draped on his shoulders and his hair was styled into a middle parting instead of his slicked back style. One word Elenor could think of when she saw how he was dressed. Stunning.

"I do not see the reason for me to dress so nicely milady." Alec said, shaking his head.

"I already told Lloyd that you're coming with me and I would prefer if you didn't wear your uniform out tonight."

Elenor took another good look at him and nodded proudly, "I knew you would look good in anything,"

She didn't notice the darkness in his eyes that flickered for a split second before a small smile rested upon his lips.

"Aren't you going to ask?" he questioned her.

She didn't understand his question. She tilt her head to the side in confusion before realising what he meant. She rolled her eyes,

"You always never give me a fun reaction but fine."

She took a step back and twirled in her dress. The skirt danced as she twirled before fluttering her eyes open and gazing towards Alec.

His breath hitched as he looked at her figure. There was no sunlight or anything to radiate her beauty. There was nothing special happening yet all he saw was her. Only her.

"How do I look?" she asked.

Alec took her hand in his before leaning closer to her ear, whispering, "Exquisite milady,"

Elenor could feel the hair on her back stand as she felt his warm breath against her skin. She could feel her blood pressure rising. How unusual of him. Before Elenor could question him, he spoke not letting her speak.

"It seems like his highness has arrived milady. We should hurry in order not to keep him waiting,"

"Oh..alright," she nodded, telling herself she could ask him another time.

"Elenor." Lloyd called out to her once he saw her along with Alec walking out of the front entrance.

"You look stunning today, what's the occasion?" he teased as he walked closer to her.

Elenor rolled her eyes, "Are we going to leave or not? We might be late you know."

Lloyd pouted at her, "Don't be a party pooper Elenor!" he whined.

Elenor stuck her tongue out childishly at him. "If you're going to compliment me, do it properly!"

He smugly smiled and shrugged, "And if I say I don't want to?"

He felt Elenor pinching his forearm skin as tightly as she possibly can causing him to hiss in pain. With a smile on her face, she replied,

"I will personally rip that smile off your face and your skin."

Lloyd paled as he heard her threat. He knew she wasn't serious but with that sinister smile plastered on her face, he couldn't be fully sure she won't do it.

"O-okay." he weakly nodded.

Elenor released her hold and dusted her hands before looking over at the carriage. This time instead of the usual carriage with a dull exterior, it was white with golden linings around it. The royal crest on the carriage doors as well as on the front. The horses had the royal crest as well. In short, this whole carriage screamed royalty.

"Must we really use this carriage...?" Elenor softly asked, already feeling tired just from looking at it.

Lloyd proudly nodded and grinned, "Of course! We're going to a play made by people who have been producing plays since decades ago. They have requested my presence as well."

"So..there's no other carriage to use?"

Lloyd nodded making Elenor groan out loud. This play better be worth it or else she was going to make a fuss out of this.

Lloyd extended his hand towards Elenor but a hand came into view, halting his action. He stared at the hand before glancing at who it was. Alec had a smile on his face which showed no signs of delight, only distaste.

"I shall escort milady into the carriage your highness." Alec said in a mellow tone but it sounded more like a warning.

Lloyd raised his eyebrow, finding it humorous. He ignored Alec and held Elenor's hand. Elenor felt his hand and turned to him, puzzled as to why he was holding her hand. Because she turned away from Alec, she didn't see the scowl on his face.

"Eh~ how amusing!" Lloyd chimed, bursting into laughter causing Elenor to be even more puzzled.

"Why are you laughing?" she asked before turning to Alec whose scowl immediately vanished from his face.

Lloyd laughed even more before wiping away his tears. "It's nothing! Shall we go now?"

Elenor shook her head, letting this slide. "I've been saying that but yeah let's go."

Elenor went inside the carriage first before Lloyd then Alec who smoothly sat beside her. Lloyd who was sitting opposite of them just had a bright smile on his face as the carriage began moving.

---

Author's note: i need some opinions of you guys!! so i was thinking of writing another book but of course only once i complete this book, i have two ideas in my mind but i'm not sure which to write first 

The first idea is writing a book in a villainess pov. no not like where they get reincarnated or anything, a general look from someone who became a villainess, losing her fiance to another lady and everything she goes through. often books will be in the heroine pov but i want a villainess pov so that means yes, i dont think this book will have a happy ending for her

The second idea is such an opposite omg lmao. So it is about the mc reincarnating as the heroine but instead of going for the love interests she decides to divert the routes planned out because all love interests already have fiances so she wasn't going to become a homewrecker. but suddenly a new route popped out and it was someone she has never seen before and they became interested in her. i think this story will revolve around her escaping any flags, events and just the love interests in general.

i'm not sure yet, i might drop these ideas as well rip but yeah do let me know which one sounds nicer and interesting!! thank you for reading ❤