Extra 5

"Now choose, we don't have a whole day you know."

Hyejin rolled her eyes at the impatient Elenor. The first choice wasn't too bad. Returning back to her world was what she wished for at the start. She missed her family, her friends, the food, technology and so much more.

Although she won't be having any memories, it was the world she was born in.

She clenched her fists tightly before releasing them, "..I have made my decision."

"Good, tell me."

Hyejin hesitated before finally opening her mouth, "...I'll take the first choice."

Elenor furrowed her brows, "And why is that?"

"I miss my family. I have been waiting for the day I can finally go back to my world. Even when I told myself it's fine to live as you in another world, I still wished to go back and now I finally can." Hyejin answered.

Elenor kept quiet for a split second before questioning her once more, "So you want to return back to your world? Even if someone you care about is still waiting for you?"

Hyejin sucked in a sharp breath, clearly knowing who she was talking about. Memories of her and Alec flashed through her mind.

Their first meeting, picnic in a secret garden they had found by accident, him saving her from drowning, their first kiss and the last time she saw him before she fell unconscious. Every memory she cherished with him played out in her head.

"...Alec.." she softly muttered, her brown eyes gazing down to her feet.

"Do you still stick with your first decision?" Elenor asked, clearly amused by how easy Hyejin was to be pursued.

Hyejin closed her eyes shut tightly, curling her fists up in a ball before taking in a deep breath.

"..Yes. I want to go back to my own world." Hyejin answered with resolution.

She may love Alec but after seeing how her family was after she had died, she couldn't bear it. She missed them. She was homesick. She just wanted to go home to them.

Elenor couldn't help but let out a small snicker before nodding. "It's your decision, I have nothing to say.

A small circle of light lit up under Hyejin's feet, startling her surprise. She stared at it before looking back at Elenor who had a dull expression on her face.

Elenor noticed her looking and raised an eyebrow at her. "What are you looking at?"

Hyejin wanted to ask what would happen to her body in the world. Will it finally be lifeless like it was supposed to be in the first place? She wanted to ask but knew it was selfish of her to question about it when she was the one who made the decision of returning back to her own world, leaving that body with no soul, allowing it to die and rot away.

"..Nevermind. Goodbye, Elenor." Hyejin muttered, sending her a smile before the light consumed her entirely.

Elenor scoffed, shaking her head. "What a stupid woman."

-

A loud alarm buzzed throughout the apartment complex. A hand slowly came out of the blanket, grabbing hold of the alarm before slamming it shut.

Minutes passed before the body under the blankets moved, emerging out. Short brown messy hair stuck out in different locations.

Hyejin stared at her alarm clock before groaning, falling face flat onto her pillow.

"God damn it..I have work today." she muttered to herself, slowly getting up from her single size bed.

Dragging her feet, she washed herself and got dressed into her work clothes. She put on some light makeup before checking her watch. Her eyes widened in horror as she realised if she didn't leave now, she would be late for work.