Arc 3: Chapter 46

"Lady Elenor." Lloyd's voice was monotone as he called her name.

Without realising, Elenor had slightly flinched. She was already used to him not using 'lady' with her but now when he used it, it felt out of place.

She didn't want to look weak in front of so many eyes so she straightened her back up even more and looked him straight in the eye.

"Your highness." her voice was bold and strong yet it didn't reflect on how she truly felt.

Scared and anxious. She wasn't strong enough to protect herself. She wasn't strong enough to act like those powerful female characters in novels. She was only someone who is barely surviving in this new world where she can get killed any time.

"Is what Lady Mille said the truth?"

Elenor couldn't help but scoff at the question. Lightly tapping her chin, her sharp gaze fell on Lady Mille who unconscious shivered from it.

But she will do whatever it takes to prove her innocence.

"Of course not." her voice was strong and confident when she replied, her eyes never once leaving Mille as she spoke.

She wanted to see Mille slowly crumble and be filled with worry when she realises she could fail.

Lloyd stared at her for a couple of seconds before Rosina tapped on his shoulder and whispered something to him. Elenor briefly glanced over at Isabella who frowned at the interaction but kept her place.

"Lady Rosina there was something you like to say am I correct?"

Rosina looked up at him before at Elenor. She firmly nodded. Rosina swept her bangs away from her face as she made her way towards Elenor.

Elenor wished she could compliment how beautiful Rosina looked at the moment but she kept her ground, waiting for Rosina to speak again.

Rosina stopped in front of her. She raised her hand up which made Elenor involuntarily shut her eyes. Elenor then felt her grabbing her hands tightly.

"Lady Elenor did not push me into the river!" Rosina said, her voice and eyes showing determination.

Elenor opened her eyes in shock. She stared at Rosina then at her hands that were being held by Rosina. What was happening?

Rosina shot a smile over at her before turning her gaze at Mille. Her smile dropped, her face was expressionless sending shivers down people's spines. She was always cheerful and optimistic so seeing her with that kind of look was new.

"Lady Mille, I don't know if you think I am dumb to not realise what you did but I am quite offended." she sneered.

"Lady Rosina-"

"Lady Elenor was trying to catch me before I fell into the lake even when she wasn't close to me while you were standing behind me this whole time. You could have easily helped me yet you didn't. Because you pushed me." she pointed out.

Mille wasn't able to answer back. She staggered back slightly before turning to Isabella, signalling for help. Isabella glanced before ignoring her.

"Lady Mille, remember what you previously said?" Lloyd said with a phlegmatic tone but there was a smirk on his face.

Mille instantly fell to the ground, down on her knees. "Please..please forgive me!!!"

"You have swore and agreed that if it wasn't true you and your family shall be stripped from your titles and be demoted."

"I-"

"It was the agreement is it not?" Lloyd smiled but it only brought Mille to tears as she was taken away by the guards.