Arc 1: Chapter 3

A week has passed since Elenor came into the world she had created. She was now trying to improve her relationship with everyone in the household. The first ones she thought of were Elenor's parents and her brother who was 3 years older. They rarely came out in the book, only having brief moments in a few parts.

Elenor inherited her sharp honey-coloured eyes and red hair from her father making them look unapproachable and evil. On the other hand, her older brother took his looks from their mother. Blonde hair and dark blue eyes. His features were softer which made him look more approachable than Elenor. His name was Richard Atlas Hester and he was working in the palace.

She actually didn't really need to do much because since young they have always loved and cared for Elenor as she was the youngest. That was also why she grew up to be such a spoilt lady and ill-tempered.

Heading down for breakfast, her father and mother were already there sitting.

"Good morning father, mother." Elenor smiled as she took a seat opposite them.

"Good morning Elenor." her mother, the marchioness greeted back with a smile.

"Good morning Elenor, how have you been?" her father, the marquess asked with a warm smile.

People would think the marquess was cold and strict but in truth, he loves his family greatly and was the opposite of what people thought.

"I have been well, what about you father?"

"I've been busy with paperwork and other things."

Elenor nodded before hearing footsteps. Turning to the side, Richard was walking into the dining room for breakfast.

"Good morning brother," she greeted.

He warmly smiled at her and stroked her head, "Good morning."

When everyone was seated, the maids placed our breakfast in front of them and after they prayed, thanking God for the food, they began eating.

"Oh that's right Elenor isn't it your coming-of-age within a year from now?" Richard said, looking over at Elenor.

She nodded, taking a bite of her meal, "Yes brother."

He smiled, chuckling, "Have you ordered your new dress for the special event?"

That's right, now that he has mentioned it, Elenor would often buy new clothes and accessories. Since it is a big event and extremely important Elenor would make a dress a year before the event takes place.

'I can't even complain since I made her this way.'

Elenor held back her sigh and responded to Richard's question. "No brother, I will be ordering my dress a few months prior only."

Forks and knives that were clinking against the plates paused midway. Elenor pretended not to notice anything wrong with what she had said.

"What's wrong? Have I said something wrong?" she asked, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"Are you sick?" the marchioness asked but she shook her head.

"I am fine mother."

"Ah! Then how about accessories? I'm sure you want new ones to go with your dress right?"

She turned to Richard and shook her head again, "I have more than enough in my room. Buying more will be a waste of space and money, don't you think so brother?"

He blinked at her before pressing his hand against Elenor's forehead, "...No fever...."

She lightly blew her bangs, "I already told you that brother."