Arc 1: Chapter 17

Her eyes were stinging but she held her ground, not wanting to burst into tears over such a small matter like this. Taking in a deep breath, she turned to Alec and beamed.

"Let's have our picnic under that tree."

Walking over to the tree, Elenor tried her best not to step on the flowers, not wanting to kill them. Once they reached the tree, Alec laid the blanket out and placed the basket on top of it. Taking off her shoes, Elenor folded her legs to the side and sat down. She looked over at Alec and forced him to do the same.

Elenor then opened the basket and began laying out everything.

Alec noticed the sandwiches. It wasn't cut cleanly, a bit crooked. The fillings in the sandwich looked odd and a bit disgusting to him. Elenor took out a small plate and placed a sandwich on it before handing it over to him.

"I made these. They're called egg mayonnaise sandwiches." she explained as Alec took it.

He stared at it, unsure if he should try it or not. Elenor noticed his dilemma and pouted.

"It tastes good trust me. The chefs liked it as well."

Hearing this, he raised an eyebrow before finally taking a bite into the sandwich. His expressionless face disappeared. His eyebrows raised up and his eyes grew slightly bigger.

Elenor smiled in triumph before taking a bite into her own sandwich as well. They finished the sandwiches quickly, unexpectedly.

"They were good right?" Elenor smiled widely after Alec cleaned up the extra plates.

Alec didn't answer back only pouring out the drink she had brought with them into a glass and handed it over to her. This didn't sullen her mood as she knew he was too shy to admit that it was good.

Taking big gulps of the drink, Elenor spoke, "I can't cook actually. I only know how to make those and instant noodles. Oh but I'm good at cutting, don't know why though." she burst into small fits of laughter before drinking her drink again.

Looking up at the tree, the leaves were gently rustling through the breeze. She had a peaceful smile on her face, her eyes narrowed slightly. The weather truly was great today.

As Elenor continued happily looking over the whole meadow, Alec glanced at her. His throat felt dry and itchy so he downed his drink but it didn't help. The feeling was still there, not going away.

Elenor turned to him and gave him a toothy smile, eyes turning into crescents before looking back at the flowers, admiring them. His stomach felt like it was burning, an odd feeling building up. He looked away, gripping the glass tightly in his hand.

Elenor plucked some flowers and laid down on the blanket. Gathering different types of flowers once she was satisfied with what she had, she began wrapping and braiding the flowers together with another. She patiently did it, softly humming to tunes she knew.

"Done," she cheerfully said before turning to Alec.

With a playful grin, she got up from a sitting position, kneeling instead. She then placed something on top of his head. He took it off and looked at what it was she had placed on top of his head. It was a flower crown mixed with different types of flowers she just plucked beforehand.

"Wait," she suddenly said and quickly continued making another flower crown.

Placing it on top of her own head, she turned back to Alec and laughed, "Now we have matching flower crowns!"

The feeling inside his stomach grew stronger, burning up even more. It felt uncomfortable but he didn't budge. He left the flower crown on his head, seeing how happy Elenor was from this. Her smile seemed to stop every power in him from getting up and leaving her. He frowned at himself. Something was wrong with him.

"Hey Alec are you okay?" her voice was soft and mellow when she called him out.

Her face was close to his, startling him but it didn't show on his face. He backed away from her. Her brows knitted as her concern for him grew.

"You look tired, how about taking a short nap?" Elenor suggested but he shook his head.

"I'm still on duty milady."

Elenor rolled her eyes, "Go and rest now. That is an order."

Alec side eyed her who naively smiled back, pretending she didn't just play a sly trick. Since it was an order, Alec lied down on his back and shut his eyes. The breeze was making him feel sleepier but he tried to stay awake. However, he heard Elenor humming to unknown tunes once again. It was soothing to the ears causing him to slip into unconsciousness.

Elenor took the flower crown off his head, placing it on top of his chest instead. She silently got up and left to walk around the meadow. Barefooted, taking one step into the grass felt ticklish but nice at the same time. Taking small steps, Elenor walked further away from the tree. Crouching down, she studied the flowers before standing back up, walking around once more.

Halting her footsteps, she breathed in the clean fresh air, a content smile plastered on her face as her body and mind felt relaxed. She barely relaxed or had time for herself before she came into this world. Her job ate all her whole time away. Elenor couldn't remember when was the last time she actually hung out with her friends.

'At least I have Alec now....although I don't think he sees me as a friend.' Elenor chuckled to herself.

She sat down, surrounded by the flowers everywhere. Plucking a dandelion out, she fluttered her eyes closed, making a wish before opening her eyes, blowing the dandelion flower seeds into the wind. A wish she kept dear to her heart.

By now, Alec woke up with a jolt, realising he shouldn't be asleep. Noticing his lady wasn't beside him, he glanced around before seeing her slim figure far from the tree.

With her hair moving in the wind along with her dress, her figure looked tiny from where he was especially when she was sitting in the middle of the flowers.

Alec thought he had seen a fairy. A fairy with crimson red hair. He wanted to call out to her but his voice didn't come out nor could he get up. As if he was frozen in time and place, watching over his master enjoy herself under the sun. His lips pressed into a thin line.

Elenor turned behind and saw he had woken up. She got up and dusted her dress, removing any bits of grass that was stuck on her before returning to the picnic blanket.

"Relaxed?" she gently asked him.

Her hands on her slightly bent knees, gazing down at him. Her hair fell from her shoulders, freely moving around.

Alec blinked before looking away, "We should head back now,"

Elenor nodded, knowing if she stayed here too long her family would get worried. She picked the basket up, letting Alec fold the picnic blanket up.

"I can hold this." Elenor said, rejecting Alec's hand which extended out towards her.

He didn't say much and nodded. They headed back to the household. Elenor still had her flower crown on her head. Alec glanced at her flower crown, assuming she must have forgotten about it being there. He stared down at his other hand that wasn't carrying the blanket. The flower crown bouncing up and down around his wrist due to his movements.

There was a small glint in his eyes. He waited until Elenor went to clean herself up before he returned to his room. Staring at the flower crown, he placed it at the corner of his table. Glancing at it one more time, he turned and walked out of his room, returning back to Elenor's to continue his duty.

The next day, the flower crowns wilted and Elenor had to throw it away. Alec on the other hand did not, leaving it in his room, ignoring that it already wilted hours ago.

---

Author's note: double update~! bet you didn't see that coming ᕙ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ