Arc 4: Chapter 90

Hyejin was now standing in front of Elenor, trying to comprehend what was happening at the moment. Elenor frowned, displeased by how Hyejin wasn't responding to her.

"Are you deaf or what? Can you not use that mouth of yours?" she snapped, folding her arms.

Hyejin realised her position and quickly bowed, "I'm sorry and to answer your question before this, do you mean if I'm glad I didn't get killed that way?"

Elenor had a deadpanned look on her face, not amused. "What else?"

"Damn who made you this mad." Hyejin grumbled to herself.

"What you've experienced just now," Elenor spoke, with a jaded tone, her honey eyes staring down at Hyejin making her unconsciously taking one step back.

"Is what was supposed to happen. You knew it as well, don't you? After all, you wrote it."

Hyejin flinched at her words, her guilty conscious acting up but she swallowed her words down and slowly nodded.

"...Yes."

Elenor let out a sneer and shook her head. Silence fell upon them until Elenor spoke up again. She turned to Hyejin with a snarky smile plastered on her face.

Hyejin, who was used to seeing Elenor's face as her own, flinched at the sight of the smile.

She walked closer to Hyejin, lightly touching her face, "How would you feel if you had to repeat your death every single time?" she asked but it sounded more like a demand.

"Repeat...death?"

Elenor smiled but it held sadness and pain in them. "Yes. After dying, you wake up to the same scene and moment and no matter how much you try to change it, it will still give the same results."

Hyejin couldn't answer back and looked away. Of course it would scar her, experiencing it once was already scary. Elenor then heaved a sigh, taking a step back, giving the two space.

"I was losing my mind till the point that every time I returned back to the moment I didn't care anymore. I was numb to the pain."

Hyejin only quietly listened to Elenor speak, her eyes staring into the darkness. "Then I was given a chance."

Hyejin furrowed her brows once she heard what Elenor said, "A chance?"

She didn't understand. What does she mean a chance? Where did she get it from as well?

Elenor could tell Hyejin what she wanted to ask so without letting her question, she gave the answers.

"A voice suddenly spoke to me, asking if I could be set free from this cycle, would I accept it." a chuckle escaped out of Elenor's lips.

"So you accepted it..? I have never heard any voices for me..."

Elenor scoffed at Hyejin's question, "Isn't it obvious? Of course I said I would. How else would you be there instead of me?"

Hyejin wanted to ask more but Elenor cut her off and continued speaking. "In exchange for freedom, the cost for it was my life and soul."

Elenor laughed as she reminisced about the fateful meeting which allowed her to be set free from the cycle. When she stopped laughing, her sharp eyes looked over at Hyejin.

"Now you have two choices." she lifted up two fingers as she said that.

"Who is giving me those choices?" Hyejin interrupted her urgently.

"God? A devil? Who knows. I am simply relaying the same words I have received from the same voice which gave me freedom." Elenor shrugged.

"Now keep your mouth and let me speak." she glared causing Hyejin to zip her mouth shut.

"As I was saying, you have two choices. The first choice is that you can return back to your own world however you won't have any memory of any of this."

"The second choice is giving up everything from your previous life and continue living as Elenor Berry Hester."

"I've already died in my world-"

"Time will be reversed and you will be able to live your life until your time to die will come. Your premature death will be prevented."

"Why am I given these choices?" Hyejin finally asked once Elenor finished relaying the message.

"Because they pitied you as you were suddenly forced into a body which should have been left dead. You weren't supposed to die after all."

Hearing the explanations from Elenor, Hyejin pursued her lips together and said nothing else.

"Now choose, we don't have a whole day you know."

Hyejin rolled her eyes at the impatient Elenor. The first choice wasn't too bad. Returning back to her world was what she wished for at the start. She missed her family, her friends, the food, technology and so much more.

Although she won't be having any memories, it was her world she was born in.

She clenched her fists tightly before releasing them, "..I have made my decision."

"Good, tell me."

"...I'll take the second choice." Hyejin said with resolution.

Elenor raised an eyebrow, "The second choice? And why is that?"

"I do miss my family and world, I lived there my whole life but the people I love and cherish are all in the other world. Don't get me wrong, I have people I love in my world as well but there's someone extremely important that I cannot leave. I promised him I wouldn't." Hyejin answered, a warm smile on her face as the person she thought of popped into her mind.

Elenor nodded, not entirely interested, "I see. Well it's your decision. I could care less. It's not my life anymore." she waved it off without a care.

A circle of light glowed below Hyejin's feet. She stared at it, almost screaming in shock, not expecting everything to happen this fast.

Elenor stared at her before opening her mouth,

"You know, although you wrote everything in the end all my choices are my own. What you wrote was already happening and even if you never wrote it, it would still happen. So,"

She smiled at Hyejin. "I don't regret anything I did and never will. Even once my soul finally disperse after this, I will never regret my choices."

Hyejin knew she was talking about and said nothing. She slowly walked closer to Elenor and without warning gave her a tight slap on her face.

"Good for you for not regretting anything in your life but I want to do this on behalf of what you have done to Alec." Hyejin said before giving her one last slap on the other cheek.

"Another thing, I have already come to accept the fact that this is another world. Another universe that even if I didn't write it, it will still exist. I don't need someone like you to tell me that." Hyejin spat out coldly.

Elenor couldn't help but laugh in disbelief, "It was nice meeting you. Hyejin."

Hyejin couldn't utter another word as her eyes were force to close as the bright light blinded her.

---

Author's note: Alrighty i decided to update again before I sleep (/°(エ)°)/!!