Arc 3: Chapter 60

After they stayed in the cafe long enough, they all left to a bookstore which Rosina suggested as it was recently opened.

"Why would any of us go to a bookstore?" Isabella asked judgmentally.

"Rosina and I like reading." Elenor replied.

She smiled lightly over at her, "There might be a few books that will pique your interest for sure Isabella."

"Yes Lady Isabella, books have many types of genre so you don't need to stick to only one!"

"...Then I guess reading a book won't harm."

"That's the spirit," Elenor laughed.

They walked into the bookstore and searched around for the books they wanted. Rosina brought Isabella to another section while Elenor headed to another. Alec of course stayed by her side as if he was air.

The bookstore was only recently opened yet they were the only ones inside. Around the bookstore area were a few shops but not many.

Elenor flipped through a few books, taking her own sweet time. She could hear the two ladies talking to one another, although it was quite soft she couldn't help but chuckle. Those two becoming friends was something so far fetch and almost impossible yet seeing their interaction, Elenor didn't know what to believe anymore.

"Milady," she could feel someone's hot breath against her neck, bringing her back to reality.

All hairs raised up before she quickly turned to the person. Alec was intensely staring at her which made her uneasy. Slowly she shifted backwards trying to give some distance between the two but he wouldn't have it and kept coming closer.

Elenor felt the bookshelf up against her back which left no space for her to move further back. Before she could escape, Alec had already trapped her in between his arms.

"What are you doing!?" she whispered harshly, glancing around frantically.

"Don't worry, nobody will be coming here anytime soon." he whispered back into her ear. She could feel his hot breath and his lips on her ear.

She was about to shout at him but realised if she did and someone came to check on them, the position would have given them a huge misunderstanding.

"Alec move."

"Hm."

"Don't answer me like that. Move."

Alec pulled back but his arms still fixated. Elenor frowned and was about to ask him to move once again but it happened all too fast. His lips were almost touching hers, just a hair away. Her breath got caught in her throat, frozen in place.

"Milady.." he feverishly spoke. His voice sends shivers down her spine. She couldn't answer back and without her realising she had already closed her eyes shut tightly and gave a small nod of consent.

The only thing running through her mind was that he was about to do it. He was about to kiss her. Her hands were sweaty and she knew she was slightly shaking but not from fear. She felt a light touch on her lips before a loud scream was heard.

Elenor opened her eyes, startled by the scream. She looked at Alec who had a pissed off look on his face. He had a deep frown between his brows and his eyes were cold and sharp. He got cockblocked twice.

"Alec, we should see where it is coming from."

"..."

"Alec,"

"..Understood." he muttered letting Elenor go.

"Another pest. Should have gotten rid of everyone."