Arc 4: Chapter 78

Days went by and it was Sunday, the day of the slave auction. Elenor was resting in her room, waiting for night to fall. She could feel her nervousness bubbling inside of her but suppressed it as much as she could.

Taking in a deep breath, she sat on the small couch inside the room with a book resting on her lap.

Once the sun began to set, a familiar looking knight knocked on her door. She nodded at him before leaving together with him.

"Leave when the sun begins to set, if you leave around that time with a guard, it doesn't look suspicious as nobles often leave around this time as well."

Lloyd had told Elenor the other day. She wore a simple blue dress and left to the place they had agreed to meet up for the plan.

A street hidden in plain sights where no eyes often fall on, a plain carriage stopped on it and a confident figure walked down.

Elenor glanced around before walking further into the street, her figure disappearing into the shadows. Taking a sharp left turn, her feet came to a halt as she stopped at a dead end.

Calmly, she waited and soon the people she had been waiting for arrived. Two tall figures came into her view.

"Glad you've made it here safely." Lloyd spoke.

Elenor nodded before extending her hand out towards him. She curled and uncurled her hand in a beckoning manner at Lloyd. He rolled his eyes before passing her a long brown hair wig and a worn out dress almost in tatters.

"Thank you." she grinned.

She put the wig on, concealing her red hair and wore the dress. She adjusted her wig carefully and double checked her tattered dress.

"Ready?" Alec calmly questioned.

Elenor looked over at him and smiled, knowing he was pretending to be calm. One last look at them she nodded,

"Ready."

Lloyd nodded and gestured towards one of his men.

"Please do forgive me for my rude behaviour." a man with hazel brown hair said in an apologetic tone.

She chuckled and shook her head, "What's your name?"

"Michael."

"Alright then, Michael. Please go all out."

The hazel brown hair man, Michael nodded at her words and grabbed hold of her. He tied her hands and legs with rope before carrying her up like a sack of rice.

"Be careful." she heard Alec's voice.

"I'll protect you."

Elenor bit her lip in order not to smile, "You better."

She was carried away to another side. It smelled bad and there were drunkards lying around the area.

"We're almost there Lady Elenor." Michael whispered.

Elenor nodded though he wasn't able to see. It was time to start the plan. She started wiggling around, punching his back while screaming.

"Let me go! Let me go!! Help! Someone please help!" she yelled out but no one helped or cared.

Those that heard her cries only glanced at her before looking away as if they heard nothing. She scoffed to herself in her heart.

'Scumbags.'

She continued throwing a fit even when he stopped.

"Yo! What's this thing on your shoulder?" a gruffy looking man asked.