Arc 3: Chapter 51

Elenor was in her room alone. Alec was once again leaving the estate on and off and at this moment he wasn't in the estate. After what happened that day, everything was the usual which at first caught her off guard but soon got used to it once again. If he's going to act like nothing happened, she's going to do the same.

She shouldn't take his words seriously. Because this world is still following the plot, it will find ways to bring him and Rosina closer which will make him fall for her.

Elenor heaved out a sigh before looking at the pocket watch in her hand. Cullingford was embedded on the rim of the pocket watch. With this, she could present this piece of evidence to Lloyd and Alec would be able to get back everything that was rightfully his.

However, she kept remembering what Alec said and she couldn't help but hesitate. Even if she was able to get the Baron title back for him, she had a feeling he wouldn't take it as well.

Did he want to keep his identity a secret for now? If so, why? Gaining a title will help him in the long run. Elenor couldn't understand what he was thinking. Opening a drawer in her desk, she placed the pocket watch inside and closed it shut. She decided to put this on hold for a while. As much as she wanted to run up to Lloyd, shove all the evidence into his face and help Alec gain the Baron title, she still needed his consent in letting her do it. Giving her his pocket watch was only to make her satisfied, not a proper consent.

She sighed again before getting off her chair and leaving the room. She had agreed beforehand to go shopping with Rosina in a letter. Elenor wanted to ignore her letters at first but after reading the contents inside, she couldn't. Not when she imagined Rosina having puppy eyes while writing the letter asking her out.

Elenor hated herself for going back on her word but she kept reassuring herself, 'Just this once..!'

Today, she wore a simple dress which was mint colour, a hat to go with it, a pair of black mary jane shoes and a bracelet. She was about to head inside the carriage when one out of the three maids that always dressed her up came running out.

"Miss don't forget your umbrella!" she hurriedly said, handing her the umbrella.

Elenor took it and nodded. "Thank you Alice," she smiled.

"Of course my lady! It seems like the clouds are slowly turning grey so bringing an umbrella with you is a safe choice." Alice beamed.

"Alice always seems to take care of me so well,"

"Because I love miss very much." she spoke in a very serious tone.

The two stared at each other before bursting into small fits of giggles. Elenor waved goodbye to her as she got into the carriage and rode away to the capital where she will be meeting up with Rosina.

Once reached, she took in a few deep breaths to calm herself down before walking out of the carriage. She walked to the centre of the capital where Rosina was waiting. She was waiting at the large water fountain, looking at it with a smile.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Lady Rosina." Elenor said as she walked to where she was.

Rosina turned to Elenor and shook her head. "I only came not that long ago Lady Elenor."

Elenor nodded and sent her a small smile, "I see then shall we head over to those dress shops? I heard there are new dresses that recently came today."

Rosina clasped her hands together and beamed happily, "How lucky of us!!"

The two headed inside a boutique which did not have many customers at the moment.