Arc 2: Chapter 25

Elenor was horse riding like usual around the fields.

...With Lloyd at the royal palace.

It happened so fast that Elenor was still processing the events that led to this. She was getting ready to ride around the fields with her horse, Ace when suddenly Lloyd burst in with a wide grin.

"Elenor! Let's go horse riding today~!"

"Wait how-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Lloyd grabbed her hand and eagerly dragged her out of the household and into the carriage. Without being able to inform anybody about her whereabouts, she was brought to the palace.

Now she was riding a horse Lloyd had prepared before he left to get her. Elenor hated herself for not being able to stop him from recklessly taking her away to the palace. In the end, she went along with his plans whether she liked it or not.

She let out a long sigh before Lloyd came over to her, riding his horse as well. He was wearing his usual attire just without his coat and only in a vest. His hair was tied and braided so it wouldn't fly around while he rode his horse.

"Why the long sigh?" he asked, pretending not to know why.

Elenor pursed her lips together before shaking her head. She knew he was playing around with her so she lightly whipped the reins and rode off. Unfortunately Lloyd followed her, pacing perfectly with her horse.

"Hey don't ignore me," Lloyd childishly said, poking Elenor on the shoulder.

"I'm not ignoring you,"

"Yes you are,"

"If I was, I wouldn't reply back," she retorted, making him pout.

"You're so mean to a royal member!" he fake cried.

Elenor let out a snort. Well at least he was entertaining plus his looks were good. A good candidate to be an eye candy.

"Next time don't drag me out of my own home, your highness."

"It's Lloyd. Ll-o-y-d!"

"Yes yes Lloyd. Please inform me earlier before you burst into the estate,"

Lloyd nodded, "Fine, next time I won't do that."

The two trotted around the large fields, talking to one another casually. Although Lloyd's personality was slightly eccentric, it was quite easy for Elenor to speak to him as if he wasn't a prince.

"What do you want to do now?" Lloyd asked once they stopped horse riding.

Before she could answer him, a voice was heard along with quick paced footsteps coming towards them. Elenor looked over to see who it was and let out an annoyed sigh.

Lloyd plastered on a smile, "Lady Isabella. I did not expect you to be here today."

She came to a halt in front of Lloyd and sent him a sweet smile, her cheeks red as she shyly spoke, "I wanted to surprise you with my presence, your highness."

Lloyd nodded, "I appreciate the thought but I am with Lady Elenor at the moment,"

Isabella side glanced at Elenor. Elenor smugly smiled, moving closer to Lloyd wanting to provoke her more. Isabella turned back to Lloyd and tugged on his sleeve.

"But I came all the way here for you, your highness." she pouted, trying to use her cuteness on him which didn't work.

He blankly stared at her before calmly pushing her hand away, a smile still on his face.

"I truly apologise but Lady Elenor has been here with me this whole time."

She scowled at Elenor who just stuck her tongue out, mocking her even more. Lloyd turned to Elenor and grabbed hold of her hand.

"Shall we go inside Elenor?"

Elenor smiled at Lloyd and nodded, "Can we eat some desserts?"

"Of course, I'll ask them to prepare for you."

"Thanks Lloyd!" she beamed.

Her voice was loud enough that Isabella was able to hear it. Isabella turned to her with wide eyes. Elenor only smirked before walking inside with Lloyd. How fun it was to see her enemy eat dirt. Once they were inside, Lloyd suddenly burst into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Elenor asked, raising an eyebrow.

They were walking through the lines of halls, every servant they saw bowing at Lloyd as they passed. Elenor was glad Isabella didn't decide to suddenly follow them when they headed inside.

Lloyd kept holding his stomach as he kept laughing. Elenor sighed and waited for him to finally stop laughing.

"You and Lady Isabella are truly amusing when you two fight,"

Elenor shrugged, "It's fun to provoke her,"

He wiped the tears around his eyes caused by laughter. He still had small fits of giggles as he calmed down.

"If you ever want to provoke her again please by any means go ahead in using me,"

"You dislike her?"

Lloyd nodded with a brief frown showing on his face, "Can't stand her."

"Makes sense. If you disliked me then of course you would have disliked her too."

"See you understand me well! I knew becoming friends with you was a good choice,"

"Ha ha..." Elenor laughed dryly.

'I can't understand what goes through his head.'

"Wait," she suddenly halted.

Pointing at Lloyd, she spoke with suspicion, "Do you not have work to do?"

He grinned and shook his head, "Nope! I already finished-"

"Your highness!!" his sentence was cut off by Richard, speed walking towards them.

'Perfect timing'

Elenor heard Lloyd softly saying "Ack!" once he was caught by him. Richard pulled Lloyd's ear, furious.

"Where have you been!? There are still stacks of paper for you to finish and you decide to run off?! Do you know how long I have been searching for you!!" Richard continued scolding and nagging at Lloyd as he kept pulling his ear.

Elenor suddenly felt a slight pity on Lloyd but not enough to actually stop her brother from nearly ripping his ear off. Richard then noticed Elenor standing at the side and turned to her.

"Elenor? What are you doing in the palace?" he questioned before he realised and turned back to Lloyd.

"Not only did you run away from your duties, you dragged my sister over to spend time with you..?"

"Now now, let's not get angry here Rich..." Lloyd spoke, trying to calm his friend down but it only made things worse.

In the end, he was dragged away by Richard who continued scolding him like a mother. Elenor waved goodbye to Lloyd who looked like he was about to cry. The storm came and left quickly and now Elenor was standing alone in the long halls, wondering what she should do now.

Then she remembered that the library in the palace was large and had a variety of books. Asking help from a servant, they guided her to the library. She spent hours in there before leaving the library after being able to borrow some books for her to read back home. Happily, she returned back to the marquess' estate.

---

Author's note: assignments are making me stressed sigh,,, at least writing calms me down 😔