Arc 4: Chapter 91

Hyejin fluttered her eyes open, taking a good look at her surroundings before releasing a relief sigh.

"I have returned back." Hyejin muttered to herself.

She lifted her hand up to her hair, bringing it closer to her sight. Crimson red hair. Hyejin smiled to herself. She has returned back as Elenor.

Hyejin- Elenor then heard a loud crash which instantly took her attention. She turned to the right where the door to her room was. Denice stood there in shock with tears welling up in her eyes.

Elenor couldn't help but smile lightly at her as she hasn't seen anyone from the Marquess' household for many months.

"Hello-"

"MISS IS FINALLY AWAKE!!!" Denice yelled as she ran out of the room, alerting everyone.

Next thing Elenor knew, she was surrounded by her family and even the workers.

"My baby! You're finally awake!" her mother cried out, hugging her tightly.

"You have been in a coma for almost two years." Richard said, his face distorted as he continued crying.

"We were so scared you will never wake up.." her father said, trying his best to hold back his tears but it didn't work as it rolled down his cheeks without warning.

Elenor blinked rapidly, taking in what Richard had said. "...Almost two years?"

'It didn't feel like it..'

"Then how old am I now?" she questioned.

"You're eighteen now. It's autumn." her mother answered her question.

"Go and get more rest, we'll be here. Someone call the doctor to check on her health now that she's finally awake!" her father said, tucking her back into bed.

Elenor wanted to tell them she wasn't tired but it didn't take her long to fall back to sleep once the doctor was done doing a checkup on her.

When she opened her eyes again, the sun was setting and beside her was a sitting figure, holding her hand tightly. Her vision wasn't completely with her so she rubbed her eyes before blinking.

"Alec?" she softly called out which made the figure's dazed eyes to focus and stare at her. She could see that his face had matured more over the time she was gone.

"..Hye...jin..?" Alec croaked out.

He looked tired, physically and mentally. As if he had been alive only for the sole purpose of being alive. Elenor gently smiled at him before squeezing his hand as tight as she could.

"I'm back."

Alec immediately engulfed her into a hug, his body trembling. His right hand stroking her hair and his left wrapped around her waist. He buried his face into her shoulders, breathing in her scent.

"I missed you..so much..." he choked out.

Elenor's eyes drooped down, wrapping her arms around his body. "..I missed you too." she responded back.

She could hear soft cries coming from him but she remained quiet, allowing him to cry his out heart, nobody except her to know.

"Don't do that ever again." Alec said, deadpanned once he calmed down.

Elenor winked at him as she said, "Ehe."

He glared at her, bringing his hand up to her cheek, pinching it tightly, "What do you mean ehe? I'm serious here."

Elenor whined in pain before nodding, "Yes I understand. I won't do it again..."

"Good." Alec sighed with relief before caressing her cheek.