Arc 3: Chapter 45

Elenor continued finishing up all the desserts she had taken before hearing someone call her name.

"Ah Lloyd!" she waved at him.

"I haven't seen you until now! Where have you been?" Lloyd asked, pouting slightly.

Elenor shrugged, "I have been here this whole time. It's just you who didn't notice me."

Lloyd rolled his eyes before grinning, "So?"

"So what?"

"Did you speak with Lady Rosina?"

"I did why?"

"What do you think of her?" he asked.

Elenor could hear a tinge of excitement in his voice. Was he that eager to make the two of them become friends?

"I think she's lovely."

Hearing her answer, Lloyd's interest grew higher. Elenor smiled at him before continuing her sentence,

"I'm not friends with her."

Lloyd's expression deflated, "Brought my hopes up for nothing."

Elenor laughed and patted his shoulders, "You brought this upon yourself."

Lloyd stuck his tongue out before walking away childishly, like he was throwing a tantrum. Elenor shook her head as she watched Lloyd. She then felt a tap on her shoulder.

"What is it Alec?" she asked.

Alec pointed towards a suspicious looking group of ladies. Elenor glanced at them and frowned. Rosina was talking with Isabella and her followers. Isabella had a small smirk on her face but covered it with her fan.

Not long after, one of her followers and Rosina headed off somewhere. There was an uncomfortable feeling welling up inside Elenor. She could feel something was off.

"Shall I follow them?" Alec asked her but she shook her head.

"Call Lloyd. Let him handle this, if I'm correct they will be heading towards the lake in this manor."

"Are you sure?" he raised an eyebrow towards her.

Elenor nodded, "This world is following the story so if I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do like the book, perhaps they will use other people or methods to follow the plot." she explained to Alec who nodded.

"It's just a hunch though." she hurriedly said.

"I'll go find his highness,"

"Yes thank you."

Alec left, leaving her by herself. Elenor glanced at where the two ladies had left off. She knew she shouldn't get involved with Rosina. She knew it but...

Elenor glanced around trying to find Lloyd as well but he was nowhere to be found.

Why was he taking so long!?

She glared at Isabella before following where Rosina and Isabella's follower headed off to. Maybe she can buy some time for Lloyd so Rosina wouldn't get pushed into the lake and they can be closer to one another.

She hurried over to where the two went and soon found them heading closer to the lake. Elenor took in a deep breath and made her presence known to them.

"What are you doing here, Lady Mille and Lady Rosina?" she asked, her eyes slightly narrowed and her lips pressed into a thin line.

"Ah Lady Elenor!" Rosina beamed before walking over to her.

Isabella's follower, Mille on the other paled once she saw her. Elenor glared at her before turning to Rosina.

"I saw you two walking off here so I was wondering why you were heading so far from the tea party." Elenor spoke.