Arc 4: Chapter 66

It has been three days since Elenor's journey to Vaidia began. At first it was exciting seeing different sceneries but it soon became tiresome and a bore. What's worse is that she could feel her butt getting flatten against the carriage seat even if there was a soft cushion under it.

She had been sitting in this carriage for far too long! The only time she was able to get out was when they stopped to rest, take a loo or camp for the night. Other than those three times she will be stuck in that stuffy box. There weren't any towns or villages to rest at as it was mostly roads and forests.

"When will we arrive?" she mumbled, lying horizontally on the seat, not caring how she looked at that moment.

"Milady please sit up straight." Alec sighed, looking at her listless body.

With lazy energy surging through her body, she carelessly glanced over at Alec before looking away, ignoring his words.

She heard Alec sighing at her but she ignored that as well. She was bored and this ride was anything but smooth. She thanked the gods for not having any kind of motion sickness.

Forgetting her surroundings, she lifted her leg up and rested it onto her other leg, letting it swing back and forth due to the carriage movement.

"...Are you trying to seduce me?" Alec's voice rang through the carriage. It was a deep low throaty tone which almost came off as a soft growl.

Elenor paused her movement. She glanced at Alec then at her leg. Her ankles were covered up by her socks but her dress she had worn had riled up, exposing her legs till her knees.

"Ah.." Elenor took a small peek at Alec whose ears were flushed red but his eyes were sharp like a beast eyeing on its prey. 

A surge of playfulness came to her body. She wanted to tease him more.

Tilting her head to the side, she innocently asked, "How am I seducing you?"

Alec: "..."

Elenor didn't do anything and smiled brightly, "Aren't my ankles covered with my socks already?"

Without warning, Alec pulled her towards him, crashing his lips onto hers, biting her bottom lip harshly, sucking on it until it was swollen. He released her and smirked in satisfaction as her face grew red.

"You brought this upon yourself." he pointed out, squishing her cheeks in his palm.

Elenor wanted to speak but the carriage suddenly came to a halt. The two looked at each other before checking out the window. It wasn't only her carriage that halted but her brother's as well.

Loud voices broke the silence. Elenor squinted her eyes and not far from them were a bunch of bandits, hiding in the shadows waiting until a carriage came past. She could hear how cocky they were as there weren't many guards with them.

Elenor couldn't help but snort at their stupidity. She side eyed Alec who was waiting for her signal.

With a big grin, she ordered, "Alec, go and get rid of them."

Alec nodded, his eyes flashing with killing intent as well as excitement. "As you wish."

In a flash, he left the carriage. Elenor gazed out of the carriage, watching the whole scene unfold in front of her eyes. Alec easily fought against the group of bandits which had more than 10 people.

His form was refined and elegant, never wasting a second or his energy. Elenor found it fun watching him. At last after three days of boredom, there was something interesting to watch.

Without a single scratch on him, he finished dealing with the bandits and came back into her carriage.

The carriages began moving again not caring if they rode over the unconscious bodies. Elenor clapped her hands in joy.