Arc 3: Chapter 41

Elenor was standing with her brother as people greeted them. Although they try to make a conversation with her, she would blatantly ignore them, never once glancing at them. This of course caused them great annoyance but they never voiced it out and kept an awkward smile on their face.

Her status was higher than all of them.

Elenor was holding her drink in her hand lazily as her eyes roamed around the room. As she took a sip of her drink she finally found who she had been searching for since she stepped foot into this room.

Long wavy baby pink hair. Dark violet eyes that shined brightly. A faint mole under the right eye. Fair soft skin.

It was her main protagonist.

Seeing her for the first time ever made Elenor feel overwhelmed. She felt all kinds of happy emotions. Her protagonist she created and loved was standing there all fleshed out and not just written.

All she wanted to do was walk over to her and engulf her in a hug but held herself back. Doing that would gain attention from everyone and she wasn't trying to do that. Trying to keep herself calm, she continued drinking her drink until someone stopped her.

"You shouldn't drink so much." Alec commented, taking the drink away from her.

"I'm the age to be able to drink." she countered but didn't make any effort to take the drink back.

"Elenor, I'm going to talk to someone for a bit." Richard spoke up.

She nodded and watched as her brother headed off to speak to someone, probably about work in the palace. Elenor knew people were eyeing on her, wanting to speak to her but with her cold gaze that showed no signs of welcoming, they backed off.

She heaved a soft sigh and turned to Alec who quietly stood beside her.

"Are you hungry?" he suddenly asked, turning his gaze towards her.

Elenor shook her head. "No. It's almost time for the dance as well."

"Yo Elenor," a voice abruptly spoke, gaining her attention.

"Hello your highness." Elenor smiled and slightly bowed.

They were in front of many people so she had to be proper and polite. Lloyd knew this so he said nothing and continued speaking.

"Is your brother still going to dance with you?"

Elenor slightly rolled her eyes, "I am not dancing with you."

"Why not?!" he whined.

"Because I want to dance with my brother."

Lloyd clicked his tongue, "Fine then, hmph!"

"So childish," she snickered to herself.

Elenor was going to say something else but stopped herself once she noticed Lloyd had gone quiet. His eyes pointed in a certain direction. Following his gaze, she turns to see he was looking at the same person she had been trying to search for. A lady standing further away from the crowds, looking bored out of her mind as she watched people chit chat.

Instantly, she turned back to Lloyd. His face seemed slightly dazed and he still didn't say a word. Elenor's adrenaline soon kicked in. It was happening and right in front of her! She had a vip seat to watch everything unfold in front of her!

"Are you going to ask her for a dance?" Elenor asked Lloyd, deciding she might as well give him a small push.

He whipped his head back at her and seemed a bit flustered. "What..what are you talking about?"