Arc 3: Chapter 57

A yawn escaped her mouth as she flipped to another page. She has been feeling quite tired these days and there was no cause for this. Elenor let another yawn out before trying to focus on the words in the book she was reading. Nowadays, she had been feeling like something was amiss. She felt like she was forgetting something but couldn't put the finger on it.

After some time, the words began to blur every now and then and without her realising, she had fallen asleep on the chair. She felt someone shaking her and a soft voice calling out to her.

"..Milady wake up.." the voice spoke but it felt so far.

Elenor didn't respond to the voice only groaning softly before readjusting her body into a more comfortable position. Alec sighed and shook his head. He wrapped his arms around her body and slowly carried her out of the library.

Elenor, feeling the warmth coming from him, snuggled closer and pressed her face against his chest. Alec's muscles stiffen for a split second before relaxing and continuing his way back to her room.

Reaching the bed, he placed her down and tucked her in. Her face was peaceful as she slept. The more he looked at her, the more he wanted her. Falling into his temptations, he slowly leaned lower, closer to Elenor.

He pressed a soft kiss on her forehead, feeling the warmth from her forehead on his lips before pulling away.

"..lec..." a mumble slipped out of her lips causing him to freeze up.

"..like..." another mumble.

Alec didn't say a word, waiting for what's more to come. Elenor flipped her body to the side and there were no more mumbles coming from her. Alec was about to heave out a disappointed sigh,

"Alec.."

His head snapped back at Elenor, caught off guard by her calling his name but she was still fast asleep.

"...I..like....you..." before she finished her sentence, a soft snore came out of her and nothing else was said.

"...Milady?" he whispered but no answer was heard.

"...hm cake.."

Albeit, he had a calm outlook, his heart was thumping out of his chest and his ears were turning red. It suddenly felt hot in here for him. Her words ran around his mind. Her sentences were cut off and barely audible but he was able to put two and two together. She had said she liked him.

He held himself back. It was really tempting to kiss her right now but she was asleep so she didn't even realise she had blurted out these words. Alec took in a deep breath calming himself down.

"As expected, you really know how to pull me back to you." he muttered to himself, laughing in defeat as he stroked her cheek softly.

"No matter what, I really can never let you go..Hyejin." he leaned back down and pressed another kiss on her forehead.

"You have done this so you better take responsibility or else I'll go crazy," he whispered into her ear.

Elenor still slept through it, not having a care in this world. He couldn't help but let a smile bloom on his lips before finally leaving the room with a happy heart. His thoughts of trying to give her up was thrown out of the window immediately and his overthinking was soon dismissed as if it was never there in the first place. How foolish of him to think such a way when he ultimately knew he could never do that in the first place.

And if she really didn't like him, he might have done something terrible to her or kidnapped her, keeping her all to himself whether she liked it or not.

When morning came the next day, Elenor was surprised to see Alec coming into her room early in the morning. He hadn't done that for almost a week. She stared at him who only shot her a warm smile.

"Shouldn't milady go get dressed? Or else you'll miss breakfast."

"Oh no my breakfast!"

Before she hurried off to get dressed, she halted her footsteps and turned to him with a suspicious look.

"Why do you look so happy?"

A chuckle slipped out of his mouth, "Am I not allowed to be happy?"

She side eyed him, not believing in his words. Alec shook his head and smiled, "Seeing milady's face brings me happiness that is all."

"..." she pressed her lips into a thin line before turning around and dashing away to get dressed.

'Sly man.' she thought to herself as she heard him chuckling at her.

In the end, she had failed in getting him to give up on her. She sighed to herself and placed her hand gently on her chest, feeling her heartbeat. She hated how she was being a hypocrite, saying how she wanted him to give up yet when he didn't she felt at ease.

She disgustedly scoffed at herself. This was why she hated feelings and love. You become a fool for love, wanting more, wanting to have that person share the same feelings with you, always going back on your words because of it. Ironic how she even wrote a romance novel on top of that.

Everything was now biting her ass back.

'Actually..what made him return back to his original state?' she wondered to herself as she washed herself up. 

She couldn't think of any reason for this other than the fact she did have a weird dream of confessing to a large cake that had the same name as her butler.

---

Author's note: shorter chapter than usual sorry! and i finished my exams!! i was caught off guard by finding out i actually had chinese exam as well so my brain was fried 

also i feel like writing a more relax and comedic relief book. i dont know how to phrase it rip. i keep thinking of new wips but im telling myself to finish this book before doing any other projects ╰(‵□′)╯!!