Arc 1: Chapter 19

She blinked, "Alec?"

He was out of his uniform and instead in comfortable clothing which were his sleepwear. Elenor couldn't help but praise at how good looking he still looked even out of his usual attire.

In return, he blinked back, "Milady?"

The two stood there looking at each other, caught off guard by each other's presence late in the night. Alec was the first one who spoke, breaking eye contact.

"Why are you still awake, milady?"

Elenor sent him a sheepish smile, scratching her cheek with one finger, "Couldn't sleep. What about you?"

"Same as milady."

Elenor nodded, not feeling like wanting to continue a baseless conversation. She turned her attention back to the stars again, watching it twinkle in the sky. She could feel Alec's stare but said nothing, waiting for him to speak if he wanted to.

He didn't speak and continued to gaze at her.

Elenor felt her fingers starting to feel numb due to how cold the night was. She scolded herself in her heart. She should have worn a cardigan or at least bundle herself up more than just a thin nightgown. Then she felt something on her shoulders.

Glancing at her shoulders, it was a worn out beige coloured cardigan draped over her. Elenor looked up at Alec who had placed it over her.

"Milady should have worn something warmer,"

Elenor nodded, "Yeah I should have, my apologies. In the end I'm making you do more work,"

Alec hummed, adjusting the cardigan on her so it wouldn't fall. "Indeed milady."

Elenor tittered, hugging the cardigan closer to her. She inhales the fresh air along with the smell from the cardigan. It smelled like her butler, a mix of jasmine and the scent of washed clothes. It was comforting. Unconsciously, she snuggled into the cardigan.

They stood there in silence once more, a comfortable silence. No sounds were heard other than soft breaths.

"What if I disappeared?" Elenor spoke up.

Alec turned to her. Continuing from the previous sentence, she spoke again,

"What if after everything goes accordingly, will I return back to my world?" she looked at Alec.

Her expression was unreadable. Even to Alec, he could not understand her expression.

"This feels like a getaway- a vacation and one day I will have to leave."

Nobody spoke. The silence was heavier now because of the topic. Elenor smiled and shook her head,

"Never mind, forget what I've said. You would be happy if I disappeared," her laughter echoed throughout the courtyard.

"...I would be,"

"Very glad."

When Alec said that, her heart ached but she understood why. She snickered at him and nodded, "I know."

"..."

Suddenly Elenor felt herself being lifted up. Not wanting to fall, she wrapped her arms around the person who lifted up off the ground. She turned to Alec, baffled by the sudden skinship. His hands were on her neck and under her legs, carrying her up princess style.

"What are you doing?!"

"Bringing you back to your room milady. You should rest now or else you will have eyebags the next day."

"I can walk myself,"

"Your feet are dirty."

Elenor stared down at her feet and remembered the fact she had come here barefooted. However, she didn't want to burden Alec more than she already has.

"I'm heavy, put me down." she ordered.

Alec peered down at her for a second before looking back up, still not letting her down. "Milady is very light. It is best for you to gain weight instead."

Elenor tried to wiggle out of his grasp but his arms didn't budge one bit which made her sigh in frustration before finally giving in, lying against his chest as he carried her back to her room. She didn't see Alec's expression which although still looked expressionless, his eyes had a spark in them along with a barely visible smile.

The warmth coming from Alec made her sleepy. Her head kept nodding off as she tried to keep herself awake the whole journey back to her room. 

When they reached Elenor's room, she was already half asleep, unable to process anything that was happening. Alec noticed this and gently placed her on the couch, her feet never touching the ground. 

He then left to get a basin of water and a cloth to clean her feet. As gently as he could so he wouldn't startle the half asleep Elenor, he began to clean her feet. He took a few peeks at her to make sure she wasn't moving. In a few minutes, her feet were now just as before she went out to the courtyard.

Alec poured the water away and carried Elenor back to her bed. Her eyes were now fully shut and her breathing had evened out. He tucked her in, turning the lights off in her bed. The only light source was now the moonlight coming through the windows. His eyes gazed at Elenor, stroking her cheek. It was soft and jelly like.

Her cheeks were cold from being outside too long so she pressed her cheek onto his hand, wanting more warmth. Alec didn't remove his hand, allowing her to press against it. He kept watching her sleep. His heart felt calmer as he watched the little things she did while she was asleep. After some time, Alec got up and left the room, letting her sleep peacefully.

---

Author's note: hey! I just wanted to talk a bit about Elenor and Alec. So the romance is taking a slow pace (i think its obvious) but I will slowly get to it and add cute interactions about them. idk if you guys notice but elenor has an easy going outlook to everything but sometimes she would of course feel low and wonder about her own world and everything. i wanted to write a bit about it and how it does affect her silently.

that's all i wanted to say for this update! i'll be sure to add a bit more cute interactions between them ( o=^•ェ•)o !